WNDR3800 WiFi Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Xyro
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 16:47    Post subject: WNDR3800 WiFi Problems Reply with quote
I have a WNDR3800 running build 33492, but this problem goes back to earlier builds this year and last year.

When trying to connect my Xbox One to the 5GHz channel, the Xbox keeps giving me an incorrect password message, yet my phone connects without problem. I've tried different passwords and SSID names to no avail. 2.4GHz channel works fine.

Additionally, the wifi connection keeps getting dropped on my Surface Pro, regardless of whether I'm connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz channel. My phone works perfectly on both channels and stays connected even when the Surface drops the connection.

A while back I remember reading that the chipsets used in these units can be troublesome and don't get along with certain devices. I'd like to know if anyone with the same router has experienced these problems.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: