TP Link Archer C1900 / C9 wl1 bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
EbRaInTe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40    Post subject: TP Link Archer C1900 / C9 wl1 bug Reply with quote
Hi, im currently using dd-wrt on my TP Link Archer C1900 v1, with the build number: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r32868 std (07/27/17)

The only problem i'm having is that after a couple hours (totally random, could be just minutes), wl1 config disappears from the webui (the 5GHZ radio).

The weirdest thing is that i can use the 5G wifi on all my computers and phones without any problem, but, for example, i cannot change the ssid via the webui (untill I reboot the router, so i can see wl1 config again for some time).

Im attaching a screenshot of the configuration (i can only see 2.4GHz radio)

In the wireless status tab, i can only see the nodes that are connected to the wl0 radio (at this moment im connected with my computer to the 5GHz band).

Does anyone have the same problem as me?
Sponsor
EbRaInTe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 15:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
As i'm seeing in the C9 thread, there are a lot of people with the same problem, but i cannot find any solution, its very annoying that i have to reboot the router to see the 5GHz radio. Sad
mayurj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have the Tp-link Archer c1900 Canada version (hw 1.0)

I just got off the phone with TP Link. A few tips when calling them for an RMA:

Specify that you have tried every troubleshooting procedure including rebooting, cold boot, hot boot, change dhcp, connect by wired and wireless, change nat boost, change dns, reset modem, connect to the isp modem directly etc.. etc.. just make stuff up and cut them off and demand an rma.. they will eventually transfer you to another person that will try to troubleshoot again.. cut them off and say you want an rma and threaten a visa refund if they don't.. eventually you will get a case number and they should tell you that they will forward to the rma team.. be confident in saying you have tried everything and that you want to proceed with a return.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: