Device Filter - Not Working on recent firmware

JJLinksys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:51    Post subject: Device Filter - Not Working on recent firmware Reply with quote
Hi. New to this forum. I have a Linksys WRT 1900ACSV2 router running the latest Beta version for the router. I run it through an Astrill VPN and have it setup on the router.
I used to be able to filter devices but am unable to do this post beta version r32170. The connection times out if i try to filter devices. I have to run all devices through the VPN for it to work. Any suggestions on how i can fix this problem?
When i revert to r32170 i am able to filter devices but the connection is unstable. Not sure if there are specific settings that need to be changed in the latest betas?
Thanks
Sponsor
flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:02    Post subject: Re: Device Filter - Not Working on recent firmware Reply with quote
JJLinksys wrote:
Hi. New to this forum. I have a Linksys WRT 1900ACSV2 router running the latest Beta version for the router. I run it through an Astrill VPN and have it setup on the router.
I used to be able to filter devices but am unable to do this post beta version r32170. The connection times out if i try to filter devices. I have to run all devices through the VPN for it to work. Any suggestions on how i can fix this problem?
When i revert to r32170 i am able to filter devices but the connection is unstable. Not sure if there are specific settings that need to be changed in the latest betas?
Thanks

By filter do you mean PBR (Policy Based Routing)?
If so try to disable SFE (Shortcut Forwarding Engine) on the Setup/Basic Setup page.

ISP: Virgin Media 350/35 Mbps

JJLinksys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi. Have attached a screenshot. Normally i can select the devices that i can run through the VPN. Now i have to select all devices. If i select devices i lose internet and i get a time out error.[/img]

Capture.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  26.88 KB
 Viewed:  2824 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

flakie
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
JJLinksys wrote:
Hi. Have attached a screenshot. Normally i can select the devices that i can run through the VPN. Now i have to select all devices. If i select devices i lose internet and i get a time out error.

Sorry I am not familiar with the method of setting up the VPN (was not aware that screen existed). Hopefully someone else can help.

It does sound very similar to the PBR/SFE issue so it may be worth just testing if disabling SFE Helps?

ISP: Virgin Media 350/35 Mbps

egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Recent builds have SFE enabled by default this will not work with PBR.
So do the following: Go to Setup/Basic setup/Wan Setup and disable Shortcut Forwarding Engine

If this does not help contact Astrill to aks if their add on is compatible with the latest DDWRT versions.

If all else fails use the manual way to setup an OpenVPN client: https://wiki.astrill.com/Astrill_Setup_Manual:How_to_configure_OpenVPN_on_DD-WRT_firmware_flashed_Routers

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
JJLinksys
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow That did work! Thanks a Ton! Fixed the problem n all is good now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: