YAMon 3.0... Usage Reporting by device per hr/day/mo

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 149, 150, 151  Next
andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
You can save a lot of grief if you simply change the volume name on your usb stick to opt. DD-WRT will auto mount the volume named opt to /opt.

Going to this page:
http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php
can get you started with YAMon.

Taking the time to read this thread in it's entirety can save a lot of issues too.

Thanks I have made that change and installed YAMon to /opt successfully. However the web interface is inaccessible, it seems the symlinks aren't being created, because I still don't have write access. "ls -la /tmp/www" returns an empty folder. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsor
andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have reinstalled YAMon after fixing the warnings (time server and dhcp server), now I have some symlinks created but still no YAMon web interface.

root@DD-WRT:/opt/YAMon3/www# ls -la /tmp/www/
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Oct 14 18:45 .
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 0 Oct 14 18:48 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 Oct 14 18:36 css -> ./www/css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Oct 14 18:45 data3 -> ./data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 12 Oct 14 18:36 images -> ./www/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Oct 14 18:45 index.html -> ./www/yamon3.3.html
drwx------ 2 root root 0 Oct 14 18:37 js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Oct 14 18:36 logs -> ./logs/

It is installed in /opt so I'm assuming the links should look similar to the ones on the YAMon troubleshooter page here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here is what mine looks like. I put my data and log folders in /opt. A look at your config.file would be helpful.

root@R7800:~# ls -la /tmp/www/
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Oct 4 17:15 .
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 0 Oct 5 00:00 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Oct 4 17:15 css -> /opt/YAMon3/www/css
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 4 17:15 data3 -> /opt/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 22 Oct 4 17:15 images -> /opt/YAMon3/www/images
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Oct 4 17:15 index.html -> /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.3.html
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Oct 4 17:15 js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 4 17:15 logs -> /opt/logs/
root@R7800:~#

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
Here is what mine looks like. I put my data and log folders in /opt. A look at your config.file would be helpful.

@ddaniel51 thanks for the reply. I have reinstalled YAMon again to move the data and log folder to /opt too, but still no web interface available. I have attached my config.file (renamed to .txt for upload). Thanks.

root@DD-WRT:~# ls -la /tmp/www
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Oct 15 12:19 .
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 0 Oct 15 12:58 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 15 12:19 data3 -> /opt/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Oct 15 12:19 index.html -> ./www/yamon3.3.html

config.txt
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  config.txt
 Filesize:  10.35 KB
 Downloaded:  227 Time(s)

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
And the URL you are going to is http://192.168.1.1/user/index.html ?

Your config looks good.

Aside from using an old, under powered router and year old outdated firmware, I have no clue.

I'll leave this one to Al.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
apayne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 13:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
andrew77 wrote:

have reinstalled YAMon again to move the data and log folder to /opt too, but still no web interface available. I have attached my config.file (renamed to .txt for upload). Thanks.

root@DD-WRT:~# ls -la /tmp/www
drwx------ 3 root root 0 Oct 15 12:19 .
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 0 Oct 15 12:58 ..
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 10 Oct 15 12:19 data3 -> /opt/data/
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 Oct 15 12:19 index.html -> ./www/yamon3.3.html

The problem is your symlinks are broken. There's a bug in the current YAMon code that's causing d_baseDir to get set improperly. You can fix it manually by replacing all instances of `dirname $0` in the *.sh files. Run this one-liner in /opt/YAMon:
Code:
sed -i 's/\`dirname $0\`/"$(cd "$(dirname "$0")" \&\& pwd)"/g' *.sh

Once done, stop YAMon, delete the symlinks in /tmp/www, and restart YAMon. Your symlinks should point to full paths:

css -> /opt/YAMon3/www/css
data3 -> /opt/YAMon3/data/
images -> /opt/YAMon3/www/images
index.html -> /opt/YAMon3/www/yamon3.3.html
logs -> /opt/YAMon3/logs/
andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
apayne wrote:

The problem is your symlinks are broken. There's a bug in the current YAMon code that's causing d_baseDir to get set improperly. You can fix it manually by replacing all instances of `dirname $0` in the *.sh files. Run this one-liner in /opt/YAMon:
Code:
sed -i 's/\`dirname $0\`/"$(cd "$(dirname "$0")" \&\& pwd)"/g' *.sh

Once done, stop YAMon, delete the symlinks in /tmp/www, and restart YAMon. Your symlinks should point to full paths:

@apayne Thanks I can get to the web interface now! however I am presented with scriptVersion not defined error as per attachment. The links aren't clickable. _configWWW in my config.file ="config$_file_version.js"

Screenshot_20171018_142302.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  180.85 KB
 Viewed:  4022 Time(s)

Screenshot_20171018_142302.png

andrew77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 14:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
I commented out
_configWWW="config$_file_version.js"
and put instead
_configWWW="config3.3.js"

all seems to be working fine now.
apayne
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
andrew77 wrote:

@apayne Thanks I can get to the web interface now! however I am presented with scriptVersion not defined error as per attachment. The links aren't clickable. _configWWW in my config.file ="config$_file_version.js"

There's one more symlink to fix inside the js directory:

config3.3.js -> /opt/YAMon3/www/js/config3.3.js
drnorton
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 18:41    Post subject: Questeion about URL Log Reply with quote
Hi..
first like to say.. yamon 3.3 works perfect. I like it much.

My question is:
Is there a way to save the Active Connections
like in Live Mode for last days in database for
every device ?

So that I can see which External Destinations was active at special time for every source.

Will be nice.

Thanks...
nborof
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 20:39    Post subject: innaccurate data? Reply with quote
Hello -

I have recently installed YAMon3.3 with DD-WRT v3.0-r33525 on a TPLink 1043ND v2 router. Everything is up and running, but when it starts up, YAMon seems to be recording much less (maybe 1/1000th?) of the data I am actually downloading & uploading. When I look in the YAMon data folder, the hourly_data.js file shows the same incorrect number of bytes as the web page.

When "Show Data at Router" is checked, the graph shows the correct amount of bandwidth received from the router/DD-WRT (the line in the graph).

However, when I go to the DD-WRT web interface and press "Apply" (on any page), YAMon begins to show the correct bandwidth from that point onwards (until the router reboots). Similarly, the YAMon data folder begins to show the correct number of bytes (until the router reboots).

I looked at the "Common Problems" at usage-monitoring.com, and I didn't see anything that would affect this. The only thing that seemed to be close was the IPv6 issue, but I have IPv6 disabled both on the DD-WRT interface and in the YAMon config.file, so I'm not sure how that could be it.

Does anyone have any idea what's changing when I click "Apply"? I've scanned the DD-WRT logs and nvram outputs, as well as the YAMon logs, to see what is different, but I haven't found any leads.

Alternatively, is there any way to automate the "Apply" command from the command line access? "nvram commit" does not work, in this case.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
mac913 wrote:
bytebandit01 wrote:
i'm using an 8Gb flash drive formatted to EXT4. i also have logging turned on but i don't know how to check the logs.. what specific file am i to look for?

what i'm considering right now is to replace my current usb with a brand new one since that was a just a spare one laying around unused for almost a year i guess.. do you have a minimum usb capacity to recommend? usb 2.0 or usb 3.0?

I'm start to see dd-wrt builds having issues with slow usb2 flash drives. Even a Family E3000 with build 33006 k3.x had router with daily restarting issues running YAMon3 on a 8GB USB2 flash drive. I moved to a 32GB USB3 even though the E3000 only supports usb2 the usb3 flash drive will not slow things downs. Another thing with the k3.x builds on the E3000 it only supported NTFS and FAT on USB ports and FAT is much faster access than NTFS.

In my experience USB3 flash is better, if it's only for YAMon3 and Scripts 8GB is fine but I find 32GB is at a good price point and fat32 is limited to 32GB partitions if you plan to use it.

UPDATE

FAT32 should not used since symlinks are needed. Build 33006 k3.x on the E3000 has limited USB file system support because of the 8MB flash, currently it only supports NTFS and FAT. I've formatted the 32GB USB drive to NTFS for symlinks support.

If you are not archiving the live connection data (a new feature added in 3.3.3), 32GB is *way more* than adequate space for YAMon!

Before turning that feature on, my monthly folders were less than a 1MB in size --> less than 12MB for a years worth of data.
Since turning the archive feature on, I've found that on occasion a live data file can be 25MB for just one day! Log files can get big too if you have that feature turned on.

with some chainsaw math, I expect that you could get 2-3 years of data on a 32GB USB drive (with logging and archiving live data turned on and no `housekeeping*`) and a lifetime of data if they're off.

(* you should probably purge things in the logs & daily backup folders on a regular basis... and also the live-usage files too if you have that enabled)

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 18:51    Post subject: Re: Questeion about URL Log Reply with quote
drnorton wrote:
Hi..
first like to say.. yamon 3.3 works perfect. I like it much.

My question is:
Is there a way to save the Active Connections
like in Live Mode for last days in database for
every device ?

So that I can see which External Destinations was active at special time for every source.

Will be nice.

Thanks...

Yes - as of v3.3.3 there is an option in config.file to archive the live data. the easiest way to enable that feature is likely to run install.sh again However, wait a bit because I hope to get v3.3.4 out later today.

NB - ATM, enabling the option creates the file... but the reports won't allow you to go back & see what sites you were connecting to on a given day. That's coming (but is not at the top of the priority list)

BTW - running install.sh again won't affect any of your saved data.

Al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 19:01    Post subject: Re: innaccurate data? Reply with quote
nborof wrote:
Hello -

I have recently installed YAMon3.3 with DD-WRT v3.0-r33525 on a TPLink 1043ND v2 router. Everything is up and running, but when it starts up, YAMon seems to be recording much less (maybe 1/1000th?) of the data I am actually downloading & uploading. When I look in the YAMon data folder, the hourly_data.js file shows the same incorrect number of bytes as the web page.

When "Show Data at Router" is checked, the graph shows the correct amount of bandwidth received from the router/DD-WRT (the line in the graph).

However, when I go to the DD-WRT web interface and press "Apply" (on any page), YAMon begins to show the correct bandwidth from that point onwards (until the router reboots). Similarly, the YAMon data folder begins to show the correct number of bytes (until the router reboots).

I looked at the "Common Problems" at usage-monitoring.com, and I didn't see anything that would affect this. The only thing that seemed to be close was the IPv6 issue, but I have IPv6 disabled both on the DD-WRT interface and in the YAMon config.file, so I'm not sure how that could be it.

Does anyone have any idea what's changing when I click "Apply"? I've scanned the DD-WRT logs and nvram outputs, as well as the YAMon logs, to see what is different, but I haven't found any leads.

Alternatively, is there any way to automate the "Apply" command from the command line access? "nvram commit" does not work, in this case.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Is YAMon in the startup scripts in your DD-WRT GUI? (see http://192.168.1.1/Diagnostics.asp... change the IP as appropriate for your router)

If yes, if you might have to add a `sleep 30` before the statement that launches YAMon)

If the command to launch YAMon is not there, add it by running setup.sh again.

You can check to see whether YAMon is running by opening a PuTTy window (or equivalent terminal app) and enter `ps | grep -v grep | grep yam`
(In a bind, paste the command above into the commands field in the DD-WRT GUI... same url as above)

Let me know if this helps

al
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 21:24    Post subject: Tweaks in the reports Reply with quote
I made some updates to the reports today. There were some corresponding updates in yamon3.3.html (see http://usage-monitoring.com/manualInstall.php).

Summary of the changes:
- try double clicking a row in the daily usage or the hourly traffic tables... the hourly totals graph will show totals for just that device
- click a checkbox in those tables to add/remove that device to the hourly totals graph

On the summary tab, I've also added some debugging features on the Summary tab to help with importing ISP data imports... this really helped getting data imports from Afrihost (and ISP in South Africa).

I'm also hoping to post v3.3.4 later today with some minor tweaks on the scripting side of things. More on that once I've finished posting the new files

As always, let me know if you find any isssues or have a feature request.

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 120, 121, 122 ... 149, 150, 151  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 121 of 151
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: