[Solved] 2x DIR-890L + Kong/33525M = WDS 0 Signal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Fobio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:40    Post subject: [Solved] 2x DIR-890L + Kong/33525M = WDS 0 Signal Reply with quote
I have a pair of DIR-890L running Kong's current 33525M [10/16/17] and I have good signal to all my clients. I have set up several other paired routers with WDS in one way or another before.

I just spent 3 hrs trying to troubleshoot this pair to work with a WDS connection and I'm at the point that I believe it's not something I'm doing.

Is anyone running a stable WDS connection between a pair of DIR-890L with a current firmware? I've looked around and saw one guy doing so but he's not active and their wasn't any specifics as to how he's set up.

I have a pair of working DIR-880L with WDS so I just want to know if I'm just banging my head with the new build.

Set-Up:

WDS on wl2
Channel 108 [upper/lower/vht80]
AC-only
Sponsor
Fobio
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
So after hrs of tinkering, the thing that worked was to use channel 60 or a lower channel. I did not test out all channels but I just happened to have the other radio on a lower band and just to make sure, I swapped the WDS connection over to that radio, hard rebooted both and within 2 min, the WDS connection appeared.

Once it was solid, I switched it back to a higher channel 108 and 124 and they did not connect. I don't know what the exact issues are but I'm glad it works now and it works well! I hope this may help someone else down the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: