Uninstall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
glitch17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 17:57    Post subject: Uninstall Reply with quote
I was wondering how you remove dd wrt form a wrt54g v8 because it is messing up multiple things in my network. I have v24 pre rc4.

Thanks
Sponsor
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to reload the Linksys firmware to "replace" the DD-wrt firmware.

I think you can download the latest firmware for your router from:
LINKSYS

How to load it?
I think someone else with more experience with Linksys routers can give better help.

Last edited by HowardZ on Sat Sep 22, 2007 22:45; edited 1 time in total
glitch17
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 20:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes i knew all that and i did just try "updating" to the linksys version but it didn't work
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, first - I have never owned a Linksys router - and I don't plan to.

That's why other people who are more experienced with your router can help you better.

I suggest you use the search function for the forum.
I found this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20095

I seems these routers use VxWorks operating system instead of Linux operating system. (DD-wrt uses Linux.)
That's why they can fit into 2MB of flash - that saves Linksys a few pennies per router.

The flashing process requires upgrading the VxWorks software for the router with a fake VxWorks or a VxWorks-killer. After that step people can flash in dd-wrt.

You probably know all about this since you successfully got dd-wrt on your router.

Somehow this VxWorks killer process needs to be reversed - though I must confess I do not know anything about it.

Sounds like BS only disclosed how to flash these V8 routers this month.
A procedure to take them back to factory linksys firmware may not have been worked-out yet.

As I have said before - people experienced with your Linksys router are much better suited to helping you. They must all be out having fun on this fine Saturday.
Maybe they will show up this evening and try to help you?

If you end up needing to replace your router, I recommend the ASUS 500gP or 500W. The W does the new emerging N standard. I own the 500gp. Both models have 8MB of flash memory. DD-wrt uses 4MB, and that leaves 4MB for JFFS space for loading extra goodies. Both models have 32MB of RAM memory - so I have plenty of memory for extra goodies like milkfish, and I don't worry about the memory leaks - I auto reboot once a week. Also, many people like the Bufallo products - they have the reputation of very strong wifi, though I think most don't have as much memory as the ASUS.
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 23:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
P.S. A dishonest approach would be to send the router back to Linksys for warranty work Smile
drinkingbird
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
HowardZ wrote:
P.S. A dishonest approach would be to send the router back to Linksys for warranty work Smile

Um.... DD-WRT = void warranty. I'm sure they check for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: