installed dd-wrt and now can't get wireless-b to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
redbudian1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 22:38    Post subject: installed dd-wrt and now can't get wireless-b to work Reply with quote
I am new to this and need some help. I installed the dd-wrt on my linksys wrt54g v.5 and it worked perfectly but when I try to use my laptop which has a wireless-b 802.11b card in it, it says the connection is very good and when I check the wireless network it shows a very strong signal. When I try to go on the Internet I can't make a connection even though it says I have a good network connection. The dd-wrt works great on the main computer. What am I doing wrong or missing on my laptop to make my wireless work. Any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks, Redbudian1
Sponsor
GunTolo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
check if that wireless mode is MIXED and set the tramsmit rate in the AUTO..

I had try with my Orinoco / Avaya wireless B...work nice. Nothing problem with that.

BTW, what version did you flash to the router?

28 GL+DD-WRT v23 SP3 Std
13 WRT300N v.1 v24 06-20-07
2 GL/SP1/200 mW+Hyperlink 24 db >> 16 km Point to Point
redbudian1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:56    Post subject: installed dd-wrt and now can't get wireless-b to work Reply with quote
Hi.Thanks for the help but I finally figured it out. The problem was in the security settings. Once I set the right security my laptop wireless picked it right up. Everything works great. Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: