Kai with DHCP Forwarding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
desheffer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:11    Post subject: Kai with DHCP Forwarding Reply with quote
I currently have my router set to forward DHCP so that any client will get their own IP on my university's network. This is working just fine.

However, I would like to be able to use the Kai function, and this is where my problems begin. The router doesn't technically have its own IP address on the university network (I have to use a 192.168.0.* address in order to access its configuration page). This has never been a problem, but now it seems to be preventing Kai from working.

Has any one had any luck using both Kai and DHCP Forwarding simultaneously, or is this simply not possible? Any suggestions?

Thank you so much!
Sponsor
vlolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
in the previous version all i had to do was enable xkai on the router and paste the xbox mac address into the big box. then turn on my xbox with xkai setting then it connect. but now...

im trying to use rc3, however dd-wrt setting is different. they don't ask me for the xbox mac address anymore. and what is this username/password? please some body help me.
desheffer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried installing v24 RC3 since I was previously using v23 SP2. I believe the user name and password you are referring to would the for Kai. This would be what you registered at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/.

Also, I no longer have the DHCP forwarder set up as that seems to have been redundant. However, I am still having no luck with Kai as my router's IP is still in the 192.168.0.* range.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: