Bandwidth usage monitoring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
klassie1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 19:56    Post subject: Bandwidth usage monitoring. Reply with quote
Ok I have looked around and couldn't find an exact answer. I like the new bandwidth meter in v.24 but I was wondering if there was a way to log total bandwidth usage for a given amount of time, or if it could easily be implemented. I would like to keep up with my u/l and d/l usage for a month and the router would be the best place to track the usage of all connected pc's.
Sponsor
jc21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:27    Post subject: Bandwidth usage monitoring. Reply with quote
I would also like to see such a feature.

I live with other housemates who are downloading machines, and I never seem to get my allocation of usage per month. There are a few ways I'd like to monitor the usage:
- Usage reports by date per ip/mac OR
- Usage limits and/or speed throttling per ip/mac based on a time interval (month etc)

I know the memory in the devices won't support too many logs...

I've just discovered rflow collector, and I'm collecting data with Mysql now. I haven't found a web reports interpreter for the data on the web, but i'm considering making one.

Also, with the Logs (even set on High) there seems to be sweet FA that I can view. I only get the current connections (which isn't really a LOG is it? more of a 'connection status'). It makes sense that I should be able to see the entire logs for at least 24 hours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: