Need help for PPPoE DSL Connection Bonding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
vmooney
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:10    Post subject: Need help for PPPoE DSL Connection Bonding Reply with quote
Hello,

I am trying to setup adsl bonding with DD-WRT using MLPPP.
The way this is supposed to work is to have 2 WAN ports, each connected to an ADSL modem. PPPd would then establish the connection with one link, negociate multilink capabilities with the remote side and then add the second link to the multilink bundle. PPPd will then take any packet to be sent on ppp0 and split it in two parts, sending each down one link. The ISP's router then reassembles that packet and sends it out. This happens both ways ie. ISP splitting packet to send down both links and PPPd reassembling it.

The requirements for this to work (for those who might want to try) are the following:
Two ADSL loops with modems and MLPPP compatible router (which is what I need help with)
A static IP associated to PPPoE login
An ISP supporting MLPPP packet reassembly

This setup will give you the combined bandwidth of both links, transparent to any application as well as protection in event of single link failure.

Here is the part I need help with:

I obtained a WRT54GL and would like to learn how to configure bonding on it using DD-WRT. I had in mind to create another vlan for the 2nd WAN and get pppd configured to do MLPPP with the two wans. I need to know whether or not multilink support is compiled in the images. I also have no clue how the config files & scripts are working in DD-WRT so I'll need quite a bit of help putting in the config to get this up and running. I'm no linux guru so I'll most likely need someone to tell me at least what needs changing and where.

I don't have my 2nd line yet, but am planning on getting one as soon as I have a good idea how to get this going.

Your help will be very much appreciated
-Vincent
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: