WMM support question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
SL1175
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
bigo wrote:
What I want to do is to prioritize the traffic over the wireless link. I have a SIP provider "on the Internet" so I don't think that any prioritization would do any good on the WAN?
The following is what I get from OmniPeek air sniffer.
Downlink:
QoS Control Field: %0000000000000000
xxxxxxxx x....... Reserved
........ .00..... Ack: Normal Acknowledge
........ ...0.... EOSP: Not End of Triggered Service Period
........ ....0... Reserved
........ .....000 UP: 0 - Best Effort
Uplink:
QoS Control Field: %0000000000000110
xxxxxxxx x....... Reserved
........ .00..... Ack: Normal Acknowledge
........ ...0.... EOSP: Not End of Triggered Service Period
........ ....0... Reserved
........ .....110 UP: 6 - Voice
In enterprise infrastucture voice is normally DSCP(=EF) or 802.1p(=6) on the LAN and the APs will then map these priorities to the correct access category in WMM, in this case AC_VO.
So my question is how I would modify the voice packages from my SIP provider to be marked with a priority so that DD-WRT will handle them as AC_VO when sending them to the portable? Need to do some traffic shaping I assume since I would like to set priority on my RTP/G.711 packages.

It's quite important to support DSCP mapping to WMM UP even between LAN and WLAN because that's the most common way of marking the packets when WMM UP (in QoS field of the 802.11 frame header) is absent from Ethernet frames. DSCP is a way for the router to know that this Ethernet frame received deserves some QoS and it needs to be marked with a certain WMM UP when it gets transmitted out on the WLAN side. I know (from my own testing) that v23 SP2 does NOT have this work correctly. I don't see this to be configurable with v24 RC3 either even though I haven't tested it. Would anyone be able to tell me that the DSCP mapping to WMM is implemented? If not, I'll file a request because this is very important.
Sponsor
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: