Advice needed please on ethernet modem selection. pleease =D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
E-Mike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 13:14    Post subject: Advice needed please on ethernet modem selection. pleease =D Reply with quote
I currently have a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT V23 SP2 installed and this is paired with an ADSLNation X-Modem M3, the X-Modem is a very nice modem and it has a lot of potential, but the software for it is in a word, crap. it has issues with the WRT54GL like a badly coded DHCP server where it causes a problem with my WRT54GL, there is a workaround for it but i would like to buy a new modem which doesnt have any issues with the WRT54GL or similar models.

I was wondering if anyone with a WRT54GL or similar would be able to give an input on a decent ADSL (preferably ADSL2+) Ethernet Modem which will pair nicely with my WRT54GL.

I have seen the "D-Link DSL-320T ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem" anyone have this modem?

any reply's will be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Mike
Sponsor
E-Mike
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just searched for the D-Link reviews, says it's pretty crap, along with the netgear DG111P, seems that the linksys AM200 is pretty good, but no reviews on how it performs with a WRT54GL.
SignalSeeker
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have had good luck with the Netopia modems. They have alot of functions that can be turned off or used.

Also make sure you have your modem in bridge mode. That way your internet IP is on the Linksys, not the modem. Then DHCP with your modem won't be a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: