Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 21:08 Post subject: Need help flashing from tftp
Can anyone give me the commands to flash from cmd line via tftp. I cut and pasted the wiki info....but it does not seem to work. Anyone have a good "how to" spelling this out. My RC5 upgrade failed and I can not gain access to the GUI...but have no problem pinging or telnetting in.
Thanks, but I don't have sshd enabled.....does somebody else have any suggestions? I have tftd'd the bin file in..but the router just blinks green....I have waited for around 20 minutes to see if it would load and reset...but nothing happens. Still have telnet capability, will ping and wired ports work...but wirless does not.
Sure could use some simple advice, the wiki's seem hard to follow.
Got SSH working and uploaded a firmware..but pulled plug before it was done. Thought I really screwed it up..but was able to reflash by using the following steps. I am posting so others may be able to use same approach.
...I got my 350n running again.
1. started cmd shell and set to ping repeatedly. No reply
2. unpluged my router and pluged in to laptop using 1 cat5 cable to port "1" on router
3. used "tftpd32"...a program I found online..do a search if you need it...got it ready to PUT RC4 mini back into router.
4. reset computer IP to 192.168.1.2.....started getting ping reply from router.
5. hit "put" from tftp program...successful transmission
6. watched ping..stopped...started...stopped....started again....green light now solid.
7. reconnected to main computer home network and flashed generic version of RC4
All is good....thanks to those how offered some assistance.