Dir-882 5GHz mess

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
wifidino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:59    Post subject: Dir-882 5GHz mess Reply with quote
Router: DLink DIR-882 A1
DDWRT: r54475 std

Setup is as AP.

Problem:
When 5GHz is on and clients attach to that radio, they associate fine and get correct IP/gateway/DNS information. However it will not pass traffic to any services internally or externally (internet). After about 30 seconds, you will get a "no internet access" on the device (all Apple devices, Macbook, iPhone as well as a Roku).

Other info:
Running the AP on 2.4GHz alone works fine for all devices. Wired devices are never affected by any of these changes (obvious, but wanted to state it).

There is an odd, I believe, inconsistency with the options for 5Ghz shown in my screenshots. The 5GHz channel width only gives the options of 20, 10, 5 MHz no matter what network mode I choose (AC/N mixed, N/A mixed, etc.)

I am on the newest build as best I can tell, but would love to be wrong.

Hoping there is an obvious error in my WiFi config pages that I'm not seeing. Thanks all.
Sponsor
Milax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2023 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is what I have for 5Ghz radio with R54475, no issue at all (antenna gain may be a new setting since i never noticed it and 0 value means probably default setting):

May be you could reset setting completely and configure from scratch.
wifidino
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. What channel width are you using?

I've tried your settings and clients that connect to the 5GHz radio still cannot access any local or external services. 2.4GHz works. Pretty sure I've tried several recommended settings from this forum as well as every combination of channel width.

The really weird thing(s) is. 1. Clients get a DHCP address on 5GHz that is served up by Synology system running Pihole that is connected via wire to the the Dlink 882.

2. Why in the world would traffic not get passed to services (except DHCP) only if the client is on 5GHz. It just doesn't make sense. I couldn't set this up on software that I have if I wanted to.

Is this unit just broke?
Milax
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
toxicbreakfast
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you look back on this forum, many others including myself have this issue. Build 48141 seems to be the last one where 5GHz works properly on DIR 882.
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have 5, 10, and 20Mhz channel width, you activated SuperChannel, methinks. I thought that was an Atheros-only-working-feature...
And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
schneil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2024 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
toxicbreakfast wrote:
If you look back on this forum, many others including myself have this issue. Build 48141 seems to be the last one where 5GHz works properly on DIR 882.

I ran r42954 on my DIR-882 until November pretty flawlessly.
As this firmware is over 3 years old I recently tried some more recent builds like r54637. I've found my devices struggling to connect to the internet, and I'm wondering if its the same issue?

Also on the more recent builds, the LED wifi indicators don't light up. Is there any reason for this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: