Linksys EA9500 progress

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Sophiesdad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 0:49    Post subject: Linksys EA9500 progress Reply with quote
I have a Linksys EA9500 that I would like to flash with DD-WRT but it is listed as a work-in-progress. Can someone give an update on the progress of firmware for this router?
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
The first linked thread was locked at some point, but I don't know or remember why (I don't think I did it), but has been unlocked just now. The other two threads have been locked to keep discussion in a single thread. I only see a few commits ever done as a blind port, but no sign of any test images anywhere, and no downloads from 33342 forward. It seems that the stock firmware is not allowing 3rd party firmware flashing outside of serial console access, and that only LEDE/OpenWRT have provided anything (you can check their downloads and linked info in the threads below). Maybe someone can peruse the OpenWRT / LEDE gits for some further info to give to the lead developer. Anyhow, I will leave this topic open for now, but may lock it at some point to keep the discussion in the oldest thread. Thanks for your interest and understanding.

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Linksys_EA9500_v1
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/search?q=ea9500
https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2024/01-14-2024-r54914/
Linksys Tri-Band EA9500 AC5400 Router Firmware
BrainSlayer wrote:
i still have no hardware details about that device. if its broadcom, send me a nvram and cfe backup. thats all for the beginning and i can find out more of it. if its something else, i again need more details

mattlesh1 wrote:
So very unfortunately, there will be no possible way of getting ddwrt on to the Linksys EA9500. Although we have developed dd-wrt for it, it will not be able to work as the firmware for both the models (v1 having a dual core broadcom northstar cpu. And v2 having arm 64 quadcore cpu) are encrypted and signed via pgp. A sad day indeed Sad

Linksys EA9500
<Kong> wrote:
There are no test build and also none planned as we do not have this unit. The time where a simple dump allowed to port a unit is over, nowadays units have too many differences and a test sample is always required.

I'm also not sure if linksys allows flashing 3rd party software on these models.

Linksys EA9500 support?
shaharyarz wrote:
In the OpenWRT forums theyve figured out a way to use the linksys firmware trailer to upload the OpenWRT firmware directly into the device from the stock UI. It would be amazing if ddwrt did something similar. I know theres quite a few people out there who have this device and are waiting for ddwrt support.

EA9500_status.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.89 KB
 Viewed:  443 Time(s)

EA9500_status.png

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: