Where is the R6700v3 firmware? Not showing in DOWNLOADS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Culdee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 15:32    Post subject: Where is the R6700v3 firmware? Not showing in DOWNLOADS Reply with quote
Greetings...

Trying to locate the .CHK firmware for my Netgear R6700v3, but I can't find it anywhere. I can find references to it in threads on these forums, but I cannot actually find where it is supposedly supposed to be.

I can find R6700 (v1) .CHK firmware, but not R6700v3. And even if I try to use the v1 .CHK firmware, it is rejected by my router.

I'm already aware of this thread (https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316399), but this is clear as mud to me as to where I should get the firmware .CHK for my router.

Mod edit: You must use url tags when you enclose a link in parenthesis -kp69
Sponsor
dale_gribble39
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doesn't show in the Router Database because support was added after the last database update (same thing for the v2). You also probably registered without logging out and back in to see any attachments, perhaps.

Please read the following and all links:

https://wikidevi.wi-cat.ru/Netgear_R6700_v3

General Forums FAQ – README

Broadcom forum FAQ – README

Current release that dropped today:

https://ftp.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2024/01-22-2024-r55003/netgear-r6700v3/

And miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

"I am one of the noticeable ones - notice me" - Dale Frances McKenzie Bozzio

<fact>code knows no gender</fact>

This is me, knowing I've ruffled your feathers, and not giving a ****
Some people are still hard-headed.

--------------------------------------
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) - Two 2.4GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5645 processors 64GB 1333MHz DDR3 ECC SDRAM OpenSUSE Leap 15.5
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Moved to Broadcom and added note to the install guide thread to direct people to Firmware FAQ so they know where to find firmware images if not listed in the Router Database. I recently requested that the disclaimer below that is on the Router Database landing page be moved above the search input since people fail to read the entire page before proceeding. Fair warning: TL;DR is not your friend in this community.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER
This database may not have up-to-date information and may even recommend a build which might cause issues. As such, you should check the device specific forum (Broadcom, Atheros, MediaTek, etc.) first before flashing any build recommended in this database. There you will find build specific topics that discuss any issues with a particular build/release. For more up-to-date firmware files, please visit the firmware faq.

YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FRIENDLY AND FAIR NOTICE 🙂

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: