Netgear R7800: Re-enable WAN interface?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
bcarlson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 21:18    Post subject: Netgear R7800: Re-enable WAN interface? Reply with quote
Hey all, when setting up DDWRT on my Netgear r7800, I'm 90% sure I changed something to stop the WAN interface from starting, but that was 8 months ago and I failed to make note of what I did. Reason was to allow configuration while not actually routing through it. Went to swap with old firewall and fail, no WAN. On reboot, eth0 just doesn't come up. What basic 'nvram set' or 'vi /etc/blah' did I forget?

Issue: On reboot, despite being in Gateway with static WAN IP configured, WAN interface won't start. 'ip addr show', no address assigned to eth0 and . Another oddness, time settings are in place (zone, IP addr) but the time does not set, firewall is back in 1969 and cron is not running ntpclient every 3600 seconds like it should.

I know I have some simple change, but cannot remember or re-find what the change was.

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r53130 std (06/29/23)
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go to Setup->Switch Config tab.

Maybe you moved the WAN port away from vlan2.
bcarlson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
No, eth0 was set as it should.

Gave up, upgraded to 2024 something and lo', no change and it worked.

Confused

Probably resetting to defaults and re-configuring everything would have worked as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: