WRT350N Firmware failed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
kvernon8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:10    Post subject: WRT350N Firmware failed Reply with quote
I have a WRT350N and its a brick now. Power light is blinking but cannot access it through the GUI in IE. I can ping it and it responds back. I know this issue has probably been brought up numerous times on this board but can someone tell me where I can find the tools to restore it back. Thanks for any responses
Sponsor
ebrusher
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thought I had bricked my 350n as well, here is what I did

1. started cmd shell and set to ping repeatedly. No reply
2. unpluged my router and pluged in to laptop using 1 cat5 cable to port "1" on router
3. used "tftpd32"...a program I found online..do a search if you need it...got it ready to PUT RC4 mini back into router.
4. reset computer IP to 192.168.1.2.....started getting ping reply from router.
5. hit "put" from tftp program...successful transmission
6. watched ping..stopped...started...stopped....started again....green light now solid.
7. reconnected to main computer home network and flashed generic version of RC4

Important to let the firmware "install" once you "PUT" it into the router. You will be able to tell by the pattern of pings you get from the cmd shell...it will stop...then start again, then your power light will turn green. This may take awhile, so be patient.

I have stayed with RC4 as RC5 seems buggy for the 350n (dropeed my internet and required reboot after a couple of days). I am waiting for RC6 or final before I upgrade again.

Hope this helps you out..if you can ping...your router is not dead.
FicmanS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've installed RC6 dated 12/28 and had all sorts of issues with the router coming back up, for some reason it took about 10 minutes to come back up working. After I had to hit the rest button, restored my setting and all seemed well...

Installed the RC6 dated 12/29 this morning without any issues, I will beat on it today and see how she holds up...
Avirex
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 21:15    Post subject: rc6 12/28/07 bricked my wrt350n Reply with quote
i have a wrt350n i installed rc6 then i just got the power light only blinking sometime all the light come on for a sec and back off again i have tryed ping -t and tftp and nothing so far any help will be good please wrt350n v1 rc4 ran for 60 days fine for me
ddorbuck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 21:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I also updated my v1 wrt350n yesterday evening to the RC6 firmware and it's a blinking power light brick now. Ping works but I cannot tftp to it. I find it a little disheartening that I installed a release candidate firmware made specifically for my model of router and it bricks it. What is this the iphone hackers forum?

Needless to say I'm not to happy with the results.

If anyone can get our Wrt350n routers back from the dead please let me know.

Thanks. Doug D
brooksaa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a wrt300n and also had the same experience as you. I was able to revive it using the short pin 15 and 16 method.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47259

http://www.sorgonet.com/network/wap54gbricked/
FicmanS
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 0:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure what the 54g directions are for but...

My 350n with RC6 seems to be fine so far, I've beat on it pretty hard last 24hrs seem fine so far...
robinjames
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
same issues here, bricked a 300n and a 350n which were both running RC5 just fine.. will try and fix tomorrow!!
CaScAdE
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a thought:

Serial Port: http://cascade.dyndns.org/~datagarbage/wrt350n.html

Webcam Kiel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: