SSH Connection Keeps Dropping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
BearJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:42    Post subject: SSH Connection Keeps Dropping? Reply with quote
Hi all. I'm running v23 SP2 on a Linksys WRT54Gv3 and I have really only one issue. I secure shell into a Unix server to read my mail and it seems that something isn't working quite right. If I leave the SSH session to sit for a few minutes it gets cut off. This isn't my internet connection as if I use my old router the connection doesn't drop at all. I've looked through most of the router settings but I can't seem to find anything that would help this. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sponsor
KrissFR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

What do you have as "TCP Timeout" under "Administration" > "Management" ?

Try set it to 120, or more if it is still dropping!

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44    Post subject: Re: SSH Connection Keeps Dropping? Reply with quote
BearJ wrote:
Hi all. I'm running v23 SP2 on a Linksys WRT54Gv3 and I have really only one issue. I secure shell into a Unix server to read my mail and it seems that something isn't working quite right. If I leave the SSH session to sit for a few minutes it gets cut off. This isn't my internet connection as if I use my old router the connection doesn't drop at all. I've looked through most of the router settings but I can't seem to find anything that would help this. Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you can run a tcpdump on both sides of the conversation, check to see if there is a RST being sent by the DD-WRT. I have this problem is V23SP2-STD on my GL-V1.1 . Out of no where in the middle of a conversation between 2 systems, the GL throws a spurious RST at the server side of the conversation, and the session is done for.

Tuc
BearJ
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Seems to have worked, Thank you! I ended up at 1024 and the disconnects seems to have stopped.
gloomytrousers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another possible solution: set your SSH client to send periodic keep-alives to prevent the connection timing out. Exact mechanism varies depending on your client, but on my Linux system just add the line
Code:
ServerAliveInterval 60

to ~/.ssh/config

Regards,

Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: