Does it work perfect on WL-500W?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
beforefly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 15:33    Post subject: Does it work perfect on WL-500W? Reply with quote
I am going to flash my WL-500W but have some problem to ask:

1. Does it support 802.11N Draft on WL-500W?

2. Can I use USB of 500W?

3. Can I use BT on it?

4. If flash fail, can I restore the ASUS Firmware without open the router? Or can I reflash the Firmware to ASUS offical one at anytime?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsor
tomten
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:49    Post subject: Re: Does it work perfect on WL-500W? Reply with quote
beforefly wrote:
I am going to flash my WL-500W but have some problem to ask:
1. Does it support 802.11N Draft on WL-500W?
Still no answer to this?
HowardZ
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Openwrt http://wiki.openwrt.org/TableOfHardware says Openwrt supports the 500w, but not in N mode.

I do not know about dd-wrt support.

I'm planning to buy a 500w one of these days.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:31    Post subject: WL500W ftp problems Reply with quote
Hi,
Im using a WL 500W with dd-wrt. Everything should work ok, Im not sure about wireless-N in DD-WRT.

However, one thing does not work well.

I´m using a Asus wl 500w with USB disk. I used several firmware dd-wrt, however, I have a problem with FTP transfers. At large transfers, the router randomly stops. I don't think its a configuration problem.

See topic http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27708&highlight=

Do other WL500W users have the same kind of problems?
particleman78
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:33    Post subject: Re: WL500W ftp problems Reply with quote
I have the same problem, I have 2 WL-500W's both crash when during large FTP transfers. I did perform a memory upgrade on one of my WL-500W's and have found that it takes a lot more to crash the router on that one, with 64MB of RAM I find I have to be running multiple bittorrent downloads and the FTP server to crash the router. Since it takes longer to crash with more RAM maybe there is a memory leak.

martijnbovee wrote:
Hi,
Im using a WL 500W with dd-wrt. Everything should work ok, Im not sure about wireless-N in DD-WRT.

However, one thing does not work well.

I´m using a Asus wl 500w with USB disk. I used several firmware dd-wrt, however, I have a problem with FTP transfers. At large transfers, the router randomly stops. I don't think its a configuration problem.

See topic http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27708&highlight=

Do other WL500W users have the same kind of problems?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: