Log Traffic behind Wifidog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 17:42    Post subject: Log Traffic behind Wifidog Reply with quote
Hello !

I'm desperatly trying to log traffic with Wifidog on 24rc3.

I'd like to use the syslogd but It seems that I cannot obtain other informations that the local traffic.
(It works when I disable wifidog)
May be am I wrong in some settings...

Second idea : using tinyproxy.
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to put it on a 24rcx and how to do it?

Many thanks.
Sponsor
sevilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
what kind of traffic u want log? Do u want graph the traffic in/out wan/wifi port? or only want make a tcpdump?
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
In fact, as a Hotspot I have to log to text all wireless connected clients traffic.
(French laws...)

A tcp dump would be great.

That's why I'm looking for a way to use the syslog daemon with my captive portal (Wifidog).

When I use the dd-wrt syslog dameon WITHOUT Wifidog Dameon Disabeld = the log is correct
When I use the dd-wrt syslog daemon WITH Wifidog Daemon Enabled = there's nothing in the log...

As I think there's something to deal with iptables and I'm not familiar with it, your help would be great.

Thanks for your help !
sevilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
So, do u need a sniffer?
Some months ago, i made a custom firmware taking the dd-wrt_vpn version and including tcpdump package, i think was the first version of v24 beta. I tried to did that with the RCs version but the firmware kit to package/unpack the firmware files doesnt work anymore and i wasnt enable to include again the tcpdump package.

Checking today the firmware_tools i noticed there is a new version of this tools, maybe in this version it work again with the RCs releases.

take a look on google and search for Firmware Modification Kit
cedriclille
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi !

Thanks for your reply.
The dd-wrt's syslog Daemon works great : I can log all the traffic.

But as soon as I enable the Wifidog's captive portal, there's no more outpout log.

I think there's something to deal with iptables that are modified when Wifidog is enabled, and I don't know what to do to make it work...

It's much easier to deal with the syslog Dameon which is embedded in the firmware !
carlomm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
In Italy I have same necessity like CedricLille added at a mandatory strong user id, e-mail isn't approved, I'm working around.

But I'm a kiddye about Linux, how you configure Linux to receive syslogd data from AP, and where datas are written.

Please can help me.

Thanks Carlo M.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: