V24 Development

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
WiFiTech
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 13:40    Post subject: upgrade v23-SP2 to v24-RC6.2 (Lost Chillispot DHCP on WLAN) Reply with quote
Not that this is the right way to do it, but it is how I upgraded my WHR-HP_G54 from v23-SP2 (9-15-06) std to v24-RC6.2.
I upgraded through the GUI, checked all the settings. I use the Units as HotSpot units. The trouble I am having is that with Chillispot enabled, no devices can obtain an IP from the WLAN. I tried this on two different Units with the exact same result. v24-RC6.2 will not assign an IP with chillispot enabled. Even after a full button reset and then reconfiguring the router I am not able to get a client to connect to the WLAN with Chilli enabled. I don't even know where to go from here. I have not been able to find anything by using search that pertains to the Chillispot and v24-RC4 or higher. Any ideas would be appreciated.

54mbps Wireless Network
3MB MP3 from a guy with dial up
Still means a 45 minute wait.
Sponsor
sigmoid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:01    Post subject: Gee, hell! Reply with quote
Hi!

Is there any kind of documentation, release notes or changelogs available for the v24 RC6.2?
At least some information as to what features each build contains... I've had the feeling before, that DD-WRT is underdocumented, but this is a bit over the edge, as I am unable to find any official documentation WHATSOEVER.

BTW, when is RC7 or RC6.3 or v24 stable (whichever) coming along?
jeanh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 15:06    Post subject: RC 6.0 + Chilispot + WPA on WRT54GL Reply with quote
Hi,

Using DD-WRT v24 RC-6 (01/02/08 ) std
(SVN revision 8743)
on WRT54GL

I can confirm that RC-6.0 + Chilispot works for me in 2 different setups, but for one special setup, I need to actually turn security on with WPA or WPA2. All other setups do not use secured Wireless since they are classic unsecured hotspots authenticated only with Radius.

As far as I can see, I am not able to use WPA, WPA2 or WEP.

They seem to be turned on, but with WPA or WPA2, I am simply not able to connect from a Vista laptop.

When I try with the less secured WEP protocol, I can connect but loose the connectivity after approx. 5 minutes. Further, the router then disappears and I have to reboot it.

Is this a known behaviour?
A memory problem?
Would the very latest release like RC-6.2 correct the situation?

Edit:
After lots of tests on V23 SP2, same on V24 RC6...
WPA works fine for encrypting the client connections alone, no problems... BUT as soon as you start up Chilispot, problems appear.

Can someone confirm this behaviour?

If it is specific to WRT54GLs, I would then happily migrate to other hardware if is proven to work on other hardware.

Any expert recommendations will be highly regarded.

Brainslayer, if I can do further testing with some of your consulting, I would be happy to do it. Just let me know.

Note: Wifidog does not support WPA yet so Wifidog is not the solution. Plus the fact, that they do not support MySQL at all.

I would recommend trying to keep Chilispot for now since installed based is quite large.

Other possible alternative: COOVA? but that means a lot of possible other changes.

More infos here...

Is there a build that works for this?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27943&highlight=wpa+chilispot

Are AVILA routers the solution?
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=28053

Bug submitted
http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/bugtracker/view.php?id=2975

Last edited by jeanh on Fri Feb 29, 2008 22:08; edited 2 times in total
strfr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 16:33    Post subject: rflow - switching interfaces Reply with quote
hi guys, it seem I am not the only one with the same problem: not able to switch interface to WAN in rFlow/MAC upd menu.
Same problem in all version younger then 23SP2

Found few same problems in forums but no single reply on it. Mean it almost none of you is using rFlow?

Any idea?

2x WRT54GL 1.1 with v24 RC-5 (11/22/07) std
(SVN revision 8422)
sevilla
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 17:32    Post subject: bye bye wifidog? Reply with quote
Will wifidog be out of the next releases of dd-wrt?
im using 24 rc 6.2 and only have chillispot on wrtg54gl -vpn firmware
pug306d
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are there any updates about the next release? Its been months without any official news or releases.
dslchiphead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
pug306d wrote:
Are there any updates about the next release? Its been months without any official news or releases.

I would like an update as well. Thanks.
Frenchy2k1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
development is moving forward.
You can find latest builds in the "eko" directory in the download section. Those are pre-RC7 and should be considered experimental. SVN number is kept and increase with the work done (higher numbers = more recent files).

So, work continues, but stable releases may still be a way off (for RC7 or v24 stable).
dslchiphead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Frenchy2k1 wrote:
development is moving forward.
You can find latest builds in the "eko" directory in the download section. Those are pre-RC7 and should be considered experimental. SVN number is kept and increase with the work done (higher numbers = more recent files).

So, work continues, but stable releases may still be a way off (for RC7 or v24 stable).

Thanks Frenchy2k1 for the update. I currently using V24 RC 6.2. Would you back that off and deploy V23 SP2 at this point then?
escape75
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
I noticed the new builds no longer have
special builds for Buffalo WHR-G125, etc.

I'm assuming Generic Broadcom firmware will work ?

Thanks!
syxbit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 14:37    Post subject: where can i get RC7? Reply with quote
on wikipedia's info about dd-wrt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd-wrt

it says RC 7 was released on the 13th March.
but i can't find it
olmari
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
WEll.. RC7 isn't acatually released, no matter what wikipedia says... only some test pre-RC7 versions exist, available in elo folder if one is brave enough to try...
Mr.Spock
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:35    Post subject: WAN Traffic Counter Problem... Reply with quote
Hi.

There might be a problem at the WAN Traffic Monitor in DD-WRT v24 RC7-build 9xxx.

The graphical traffic monitor shows me for several days a traffic around 4GB IN and OUT!
Then it shows me for a few days traffics of about 200MB, what might be OK.
For one day it shows me 8GB traffic IN and OUT!! That is impossible 'cause of the speedlimit of my DSL-Line. My DSL upspeed in Germany is limited to 384kbps, which is equivalent to about 4GB max. traffic within 24 hours upload at maximum available speed! So how could it have been uploading 8GB within 24h??

Cause of these restrictions at my DSL line, I assume an issue at DD-WRT RC7.

To prevent questions: There is nobody else logged into the router. There is no P2P software running at all. The issue occurres at my WRT300Nv1 in Germany and with my WHR-G54S in the US.
Both routers are running under DD-WRT v24 RC7-9307std. The issue occurred at least with build# starting from 9xxx, but I'm not really sure about earlier builds.

Does that issue occurres at anybody else using the graphical traffic monitor at DD-WRT RC7?

Regards, Mr.Spock.

Snap1.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.35 KB
 Viewed:  30734 Time(s)

Snap1.gif

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 18:35    Post subject: Re: WAN Traffic Counter Problem... Reply with quote
Mr.Spock wrote:
Hi.

There might be a problem at the WAN Traffic Monitor in DD-WRT v24 RC7-build 9xxx.

The graphical traffic monitor shows me for several days a traffic around 4GB IN and OUT!
Then it shows me for a few days traffics of about 200MB, what might be OK.
For one day it shows me 8GB traffic IN and OUT!! That is impossible 'cause of the speedlimit of my DSL-Line. My DSL upspeed in Germany is limited to 384kbps, which is equivalent to about 4GB max. traffic within 24 hours upload at maximum available speed! So how could it have been uploading 8GB within 24h??

Cause of these restrictions at my DSL line, I assume an issue at DD-WRT RC7.

To prevent questions: There is nobody else logged into the router. There is no P2P software running at all. The issue occurres at my WRT300Nv1 in Germany and with my WHR-G54S in the US.
Both routers are running under DD-WRT v24 RC7-9307std. The issue occurred at least with build# starting from 9xxx, but I'm not really sure about earlier builds.

Does that issue occurres at anybody else using the graphical traffic monitor at DD-WRT RC7?

Regards, Mr.Spock.

I see the same problem with preRC7 builds leading up to 9281, but it may have to do with me rebooting the router. Then the figures got messed up. Sorry, too busy to do further testing and isolation of cause of fault.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 0:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your answer darthboy.

Of course it's not a major problem, I was just a little bit confused about that high traffic shown by the WAN-monitor.

Regards, Mr.Spock

Navigation

Jump to: