WRT600N tracert exploit with stock Linksys firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
bubsterboo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have managed to downgrade a 600n from build 5 to build 3. Then flashed to DD-WRT. I can't seem to get my ethernet ports to work. No matter how many hard resets i do.
Sponsor
nightwalk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
bubsterboo wrote:
I have managed to downgrade a 600n from build 5 to build 3. Then flashed to DD-WRT. I can't seem to get my ethernet ports to work. No matter how many hard resets i do.

build 3 firmware is not compatible with the build 5 routers different hardware version! you need dd-wrt latest eko build or new 1.01.36 build 3 official firmware
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
nightwalk wrote:
bubsterboo wrote:

build 3 firmware is not compatible with the build 5 routers different hardware version! you need dd-wrt latest eko build or new 1.01.36 build 3 official firmware

someone have discovered where download the new firmware versione 1.01.36 build 3 ?
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
the WAN ethernet port works so i just gave it a static ip address and plugged into that but i still cant seem to get the other ones to work
radiowave
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi:

I also have a WRT600N ver 1.1 with the build 5 firmware release. I would also like to know where I could download 1.01.36 build 3 official firmware, so I can see if it will upload to my router. I talked to Linksys support, but they don't seem to have a link to download 1.01.36 build 3 for the version 1.1 routers. It's like some big state Linksys secret. I also asked them if the hardware ICs etc were different between version 1 and version 1.1 and they said both versions were identical?? That doesn't make sense at all. Anyway, if anyone can extract Linksys firmware version 1.01.36 build 3 from their router and post that would be great.
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
radiowave wrote:
Hi:

I also have a WRT600N ver 1.1 with the build 5 firmware release. I would also like to know where I could download 1.01.36 build 3 official firmware, so I can see if it will upload to my router. I talked to Linksys support, but they don't seem to have a link to download 1.01.36 build 3 for the version 1.1 routers. It's like some big state Linksys secret. I also asked them if the hardware ICs etc were different between version 1 and version 1.1 and they said both versions were identical?? That doesn't make sense at all. Anyway, if anyone can extract Linksys firmware version 1.01.36 build 3 from their router and post that would be great.

i would like a copy of all the files on your "build 5" router which i should have done myself before flashing mine to "build 3" hopefully that would be helpful in getting all the ethernet ports to work i knew i should have gotten them the gateworks i could have but i no i had to save them money fuck me
radiowave
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
If someone could post instructions on how to extract the firmware software from this router, I would be happy to post my build 5 firmware. I am not sure why Linksys didn't build a feature in the software to backup the current firmware to a bin file. They have a feature to backup the settings, but not the acutaul software.
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
radiowave wrote:
If someone could post instructions on how to extract the firmware software from this router, I would be happy to post my build 5 firmware. I am not sure why Linksys didn't build a feature in the software to backup the current firmware to a bin file. They have a feature to backup the settings, but not the acutaul software.

could you post a list of the files in
/bin
/sbin
/usr/bin
/usr/sbin

and post what they built busybox with im pretty sure that just running "busybox" will show you it after i think "Currently defined functions"
CryptoNews
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 16:00    Post subject: Firm Backup Reply with quote
Hi,

someone (with the know how) can write five lines with the instructions to backup an installed firm?

I can do it because I'm very noob to do it, Linux knowledge is quite low.....
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:22    Post subject: Re: Firm Backup Reply with quote
CryptoNews wrote:
Hi,

someone (with the know how) can write five lines with the instructions to backup an installed firm?

well from openwrts wiki you can back up the stuff with
Code:

dd if=/dev/mtdblock/1 > /tmp/firmware.trx
dd if=/dev/mtdblock/3 > /tmp/nvram.bin

and im not sure exactly which programs are in the "build 5" to send those files off the router but if it has netcat ftpput scp or something on it to get them to another computer so if someone with "built 5" can post a listing of all the programs on a "built 5" so we know how to tell you to get the files off the router
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:56    Post subject: Re: Firm Backup Reply with quote
crazycracker wrote:
CryptoNews wrote:
Hi,

well from openwrts wiki you can back up the stuff with
Code:

dd if=/dev/mtdblock/1 > /tmp/firmware.trx
dd if=/dev/mtdblock/3 > /tmp/nvram.bin

and im not sure exactly which programs are in the "build 5" to send those files off the router but if it has netcat ftpput scp or something on it to get them to another computer so if someone with "built 5" can post a listing of all the programs on a "built 5" so we know how to tell you to get the files off the router

you can copy it into the usb device, after you can taki from it, plese post the 1.1.36 firmware Smile
Transient
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I thought we already found that Brainslayer's RC7-9414 fixed the problem with the ethernet ports not working? Is that not the case?
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 18:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Transient wrote:
Hey guys,

I thought we already found that Brainslayer's RC7-9414 fixed the problem with the ethernet ports not working? Is that not the case?

um gotta try i had ekos RC7-9396 but im gonna try brainslayers rc7-9414 right now
xanderx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Transient wrote:
Hey guys,

yes but don't have usb support
crazycracker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
xanderx wrote:
Transient wrote:
Hey guys,

yes but don't have usb support

this is strange Brainslayer's RC7-9414 is doing the same thing the WAN ethernet port works but not the other ones and i notiecd the LAN mac address is the same as one of the Wireless mac addresses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: