WRT150N v1.1 External Antenna Mod(In progress).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
underplay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:35    Post subject: WRT150N v1.1 External Antenna Mod(In progress). Reply with quote
Hopefuly this thread will be used for any progress on an antenna mod for the WRT150N v1.1.

Despite the compatibility pages stating that only v1.0 works with dd-wrt, numerous other people have got the v1.1 version to work with dd-wrt,
including me(Tested with RC3,RC4, and RC5).
Alll which work to some extend, right now im running RC4 with no problems.

You can find a high resolution image of the router as an attachment, Im sorry its so big, but I know some of you are looking for a high resolution picture, and sometimes they are hard to come by.

Here is the area where the two antenna's are soldered.
I plan on adding a RP-SMA(I think) connector to this in about a week, and I will be posting pictures.
I'm unsure as to which connector to use. I have about an inch thick LMR-400 cable with an N-Male attached. It litterly weighs so much it pulls my laptop around, I will probably hook this up to my connector to the WRT150N in some way.

Alright this should start some discussion and pointers hopefully, i will be updating this thread in the next couple days with a detailed guide on how to take apart the WRT150, but seeing as this is the dd-wrt forums, it will only help the careful people/noobies.

dsc02887.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.63 MB
 Viewed:  7745 Time(s)

dsc02887.jpg

Sponsor
cloudbase
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm using my wrt150n to share with friends in the neighborhood and am interested in changing to a higher gain antenna. Could you use this cable to solder to the board or to connect to those test connectors on the board?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-U-FL-to-RP-SMA-Male-Cable-Mini-PCI-Wifi-Wireless_W0QQitemZ320243436286QQihZ011QQcategoryZ61816QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MC
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
wrt150n v1.1 is fully supported in RC7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: