I can't get bwlog working...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Scratch2k
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aridyme wrote:
Good to hear that it's working for you. It's still broken for me though!

I even tried using OpenWRT's wput binary. It successfully deposits files onto my FTP server but it doesn't detect the local file size properly. It thinks bwdata.tgz on the router is 700MB and it sees that bwdata.tgz on the FTP server is only a few KB, so it tries to resume the transfer in an infinite loop. None of its switches stop it from doing that, unfortunately.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I meant to follow up, the REAL reason mine started working was because I disabled the windows firewall..I should know better than to change more than one thing at a time when diagnosing..I thought it was the service stopping and starting that fix it because I did that AFTER disabling the firewal but before trying the FTP again..but it was actually the firewall breaking the ftpput.

It is odd that I can use FTP in DOS to manually FTP to the server but when I do it from the router with the firewall on, it wont work..I have done some reading and it has something to do with the firewall and passive FTP, but I am yet to try the fix I found.

Do you have a firewall running? Can you disable it to see if that helps you?
Sponsor
Aridyme
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Disabling the firewall didn't work for me, unfortunately.

I discovered that wput doesn't do the infinite-transfer-resuming in ASCII mode but then, of course, the archive is corrupt.
GLO
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:09    Post subject: Re: WRTBWLog Reply with quote
canis wrote:
The krikkit.net versions works fine here on WRT54G V2.2 with V23 SP2 09/15,
Thanks to krikkit team!

May be, you put not exact syntax FTP root directory, you need the slashes:
/web/Routername/

I`m using an NAS, so the startup- script looks like:

sleep 30
cd /tmp
/usr/bin/wget http://nas-ip/routername/wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
/bin/tar -xzf wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
/usr/bin/wget http://nas-ip/routername/bwdata.tgz
./start.sh

where the bwlog data are stored within the webserver directory of the nas.
May be it`s helpfull.

If I just want to ftp to a USB flash drive plugged into the router to store the data log, what should my script look like?

Also do i have to enable the USB ports on the WL500g and then select a lite FTP program?

All help is greatly appreciated!
pstrg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:20    Post subject: Problem with v24 RC6.1? Reply with quote
WRTBWLog was working OK (with krikkit modification) on my WRT54GL v1.1 with DD-WRT v23 SP2 VPN.
I upgraded yesterday to v24 RC6.1 VPN.

Now, WRTBWLog loads but shows no up or down traffic - both remain as 0 MB.
However, it does show uptime correctly, so at least a part of it is running correctly.

Any clue why traffic doesn't show?
wurststulle
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20106&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=bwlog&start=15
pstrg
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you.
Should mention that meanwhile I started using Tomato; bandwidth logging is built-in so neither an FTP server nor JFFS2 are required to retrieve a script.
kchau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have an issue with the wrtbwlog reboot startup, these are my startup commands, but everytime i reboot wrtbwlog doesnt start with it:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20;
do
sleep 15
cd /tmp
/usr/bin/wget ftp://wrt54g:wrt54g@192.168.1.100/wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
/usr/bin/wget ftp://wrt54g:wrt54g@192.168.1.100/bwdata.tgz
/bin/tar -xzf bwdata.tgz
( ./start.sh & ) & done

what am i doing wrong?
XIONG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am sure you will find a good response!!
Good luck for you.
flammable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Here's the script I'm using, minus the sensitive details:

Code:
sleep 30
cd /tmp
/usr/bin/wget http://domain.com/wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
rm wrtbwlog_cust.tgz
cd bwlog
rm bwdata.tgz
/usr/bin/wget http://domain.com/bwdata.tgz
/bin/tar -xzf bwdata.tgz
./start.sh

Works fine on DD-WRT v23 SP2 mini.
peter_h
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anybody confirm if bwlog works with v24sp1 and if so, what script they are using? THanks Smile
flammable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 22:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
It worked for me - but at some point, the stats reset themselves. Thankfully, I watched the bwlog page closely, and it was only a week into the month.

I'd recommend using the built-in stats monitor instead. Be sure to set something in cron so you don't lose stats in a power outage.
lybrand
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:00    Post subject: Can't make bwlog to work on v24sp1 Reply with quote
Hi,

I followed all instructions and there is no errors or any other indications of any issues. All goes smoothly. I can connect to TCP 8000, get a redirect to /traffic.cgi but it abruptly ends connection when it's being executed. IE just shows blank page.
Any ideas?
flammable
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try Firefox - haven't ever tried it with IE, but Safari (on a Mac) works for me.
kingmoocow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
@lybrand:
I had this same issue with v24 until I used this version mentioned earlier in the thread:
http://www.krikkit.net/download/wrtbwlog_cust_exp.tgz

Now it works great, except I'm getting the BWData.tgz as a 0byte file for backups -- verified it's -0b on the router as well, not just on the FTP, so it's not the FTP's fault... Can't figure out why it's 0b - it's logging BW usage data, so it seems that /something/ should be in there.
kingmoocow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone verify maybe that WRTbwlog and the backup feature works at all in dd-wrt v24? If so, what is your startup script and files are you using?

Everything works perfectly for me, except every time it back up, it spits out a 0b file. It does this to flash and to FTP - so it appears that it's just not getting any data to put into it? Also, doing an 'ls -s' on the /data directory shows that all the files are 0 for content, which I might be inclined to think has something to do with it, except for the fact that it appears to keep reasonably accurate data on the traffic.cgi page.

I've been trying all sorts of different versions of this that I've found on the web, but only the one I mentioned in my last post seems to function at all.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: