Asus WL-520GU TX power adjustment info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
billbahamas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 15:01    Post subject: Asus WL-520GU TX power adjustment info Reply with quote
I wish someone would do a real test but this might be of interest to some.

I measured the receive signal 2.2 miles away from my boat on a WHR-G125. No amp on the boat but 1 on the shore.

520GU tx 5 mw....... on shore rec -73
10.........................-70
15.........................-70
20.........................-69-70
25.........................-69
35.........................-69
70.........................-69-70
100.......................-69

I have left it at 20. The speed doesn't seem to change at any settings. 1500 kbps down 315 up.

Anyone else have any power info on this router?
Are there any boardflag adjustments?

Titus Pullo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! I found that interesting. Did you make those changes through the GUI?

I wonder what is the maximum tx-power you can set it to before it starts overheating. But then again, it makes no difference as per your test.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Although not for the Asus router, mine has the exact same response....NO change at different transmit power levels. I have set mine at 0 with no difference.

So I leave it at 50. I am not sure that increasing it to 250 would overheat mine, because I am not sure that it actually DOES anything....but I wouldn't try it!

However others have reported it makes a significant difference and some have burned out their routers with too high a settings. So I am not sure why it seems to work for some and not others.

Running svn 10431.

Beautiful sunny fall day here, now.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: