WRT300N v1.1 - Now supported! - See page 15

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Maxkaos
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have sent, today, my 300N v.1.1 to BrainSlayer Wink
Sponsor
Millerboy3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
i will also send my router to you BS if you like. just shoot me a PM. i have a bricked one that i tried to use the older one in this thread while testing.
bash64
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:50    Post subject: How to unbrick the WRT300N Reply with quote
I recently bricked my WRT300N V1.1 using dd-wrt.

Here is the article I put on the company wiki about how to unbrick it:

Download the latest firmware and put it in the /tmp folder and rename it to something simple.

Connect an ethernet cable to lan port #1 of the router. Manually set your IP to 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0. Open a terminal and begin pinging 192.168.1.1. The ping should continue forever in Linux. Open a second terminal. CD into the /tmp folder. Type 'tftp' and hit enter. At the tftp prompt type 'connect 192.168.1.1'. Type 'mode binary' to enter binary transmission mode. Without hitting the enter key type 'put filename' where 'filename' is the name of the firmware file. eg. >put 300n.bin

Hold in the reset button on the router... While doing this plug in the power... Continue to hold in the reset button for 30 seconds.... Remove the the power while holding reset in... Now let go of the reset button.

Highlight the terminal window with the put command in it. Make sure it is ready to go. Keep one hand on the enter key. At the exact same time plug in the power to the router and hit enter. You are only going to get a few seconds to transmit the firmware to the router while it is in recovery mode. Timing is of the essence. You should get a message back stating that x,xxx,xxx bytes were transmitted to the router. Wait a couple of minutes and watch the lights on the router. Walk away from the router if need be. It needs time to process the firmware. DO NOT pull the power or reset! My router flashed back and forth between two lights for a long time. When a third light came on I got the web inteface.

Open a web browser and keep trying to open 192.168.1.1. The default password of user:<blank> pass:admin should work. If you get the login prompt but the name/password will not work then reset the router once and try to open the web interface again.

Hope that helps someone.
imix7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer, any news on 300 v1.1?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes. attached the first build which runs on a WRT300N v1.1

test it and report your results (its just mini yet)

you will also see that i enhanced the compression ratio alot and jffs2 compression was optimized too (be carefull yet, the new compression stuff is not fully tested with jffs2)

dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin
 Filesize:  2.75 MB
 Downloaded:  5576 Time(s)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer, thank you sir. can a mega build be used with this router? thanks again
imix7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer, this bin works great on my 300 1.1. thanks again.
fragtion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
This build works! At last! Awesome work BrainSlayer!! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
imix7 wrote:
BrainSlayer, thank you sir. can a mega build be used with this router? thanks again

yes it can. 8 mb flash and 32 mb ram so far what i have seen

dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin
 Filesize:  6.64 MB
 Downloaded:  6240 Time(s)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank You! sir for your fine work
DarellCraighead
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Never to doubt the awesome work of BS - but has anyone actually flashed these? Have there been any problems? I only have the one router and if I brick it - my whole network is toast until I can replace it.

Success stories (or nightmares) anyone?
fragtion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
DarellCraighead wrote:
Never to doubt the awesome work of BS - but has anyone actually flashed these? Have there been any problems? I only have the one router and if I brick it - my whole network is toast until I can replace it.

Success stories (or nightmares) anyone?

Both micro and mega work great on my 300N v1.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
do we just use These Instructions with the firmware BrainSlayer posted above, or is there anything else required for the 1.1?

Thank you for getting this working!
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
nothing special for flashing and debricking. one time dd-wrt installed you can flash back to original linksys firmware with tftp if you want. (and with webgui flashing for sure)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 19:10    Post subject: WRT350N support? Reply with quote
It looks like the 300N v1.1 and the 350N v2 or v2.1 use the same chips. Does this mean that the 350N v2 or v2.1 is now supported? I'm looking at buying one online so I won't know if it is a v1/v2/v2.1.

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 18, 19, 20  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 15 of 20
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: