Netopia 3347 as AP client-bridge to WHR-G54S help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
cieje
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 17:21    Post subject: Netopia 3347 as AP client-bridge to WHR-G54S help Reply with quote
Hello =) I've been having a problem, as some others it seems, getting my client-bridge setup. Here's my setup:

verizon USB720->host computer using ICS-> NIC with ICS 192.168.0.1->Netopia 3347 setup up as an AP 192.168.0.254 (no dhcp, etc)~~WHR-G54S with v23 SP2 setup correctly as a client-bridge

My WLAN is open, named sseleriw on both routers. I previously had this exact setup working but with a 802.11b M$ router in place of the 3347. Everything worked without a hitch, but it was only "b". As you can tell, I'm not using the 3347 for DSL, just as an AP. (can't get cable or dsl at my house... only verizon wireless broadband, sux)

I have a laptop that has no problem at all getting an ics dhcp assigned ip from the 3347.

I've tried v24 without positive results... so I went back to v23 SP2 (since that's what worked before). I've tried always hard boot, fact. defaults, hard boot, and both ways of setting up a client bridge; either just trying to join the existing network in site survey (and of course setting the client router in the correct ip subnet) and also manually setting everything.

The problem seems to stem from this: I see the network with a near perfect signal in the site survey, but when I click join it says it completed correctly, click continue, and then it goes to the basic tab in wireless; doesn't matter if I save settings at that point or not.

Any help is welcome thx.
Sponsor
cieje
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 19:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been trying to follow this guide:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Client_Mode_Wireless

to just setup 2 separate subnets that can talk together... but it's somewhat confusing since the AP (ROUTER) isn't handling the DHCP... ICS is... I don't NEED dhcp on the client side; I can just set static ips. As long as I can get on the internet and browse systems on both sides (even if I have to manually connect via ip address)
cieje
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
can someone point me in the right direction? I want to just not use dhcp at all and just assign static ips to everything... but how do I do that if I can't "join" the wlan as a client...

setting on main router:
192.168.0.1 (the ICS NIC)

wrt router:

Then I attach a computer to an ethernet on the client wrt router... give it static settings:

but all I can ping is that router - nothing that I do seems to allow it to piggyback onto the wlan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: