increase signal strenght in wrt150n

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
xtacydima
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 18:59    Post subject: increase signal strenght in wrt150n Reply with quote
I am aware of the method in which I can boost up the power (xmit) for a greater mw output.

I found on the SD mod page a nice pic of the inside view of my 150n and was wondering if the pictures which show two wires soldered near two U.fl connectors are actually a stupid design... so... my question-->

Anyone think I can add two rp-sma to u.fl connectors and just take off the original antenna's, glue on some plastic to cover the holes and drill up to place the rp-sma connector to stick out the rear, and hool up directly to the u.fl's on th einside or will it totally not work?

Most of all will I notice a signal increase with two sma 12dbi antenna's in conjunction with the xmit boosed up? Will I even need the boost with the two antenna's?

In theory I think it should work.
Sponsor
xtacydima
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
oops, here is a pic indicating what I am speaking of
stretch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I wish to do the same thing. I have seen the wrt350n mod which looks similar but I am not sure if the same mod would work. Any luck so far?
xtacydima
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
@stretch

As it turns out those were not mini u.fl connectors, and the only way to do this was to solder to existing points, but yes in the end you do get more range with better quality antennae. Also as a side note, the 600n series has original u.fl connectors on the existing antennae I wish I had bought one of those.
mazdac
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe it is mccard or mmcx connector?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: