v24 Outdoor Band

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware
JustJoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 17:04    Post subject: v24 Outdoor Band Reply with quote
Hello,

I am trying to configure DD-WRT in Client Bridge mode with a UBNT SR5 for the other end of a PtP 802.11a link.

Regulatory Domain: UNITED_STATES

When it wouldn't connect to a UBNT AP on (full) Channel 165, I wasn't sure what was going on. So I tried the AP on Ch 161 ... It worked!

Okkkk ... I put the AP back on 165 and did a site survey from the DD-WRT client ... didn't show up ???

So I did some testing with the DD-WRT box in AP mode, then I realized the channel list went from 36 to 161 ... ahhh So I enabled Outdoor Band, and after Apply, I refreshed the page ...

*Only* Channel 165 was showing ! :-(

Now site survey for the UBNT AP on 165 worked, and when I put DD-WRT box back to Client Bridge with Outdoor Band enabled, it now associated and worked.

*But* ... I have a big problem with this. The DD-WRT box is going to be at the *remote* site, and I was trying to use 165 due to the best throughput. But if I wake up some morning and someone else is filling 165 with noise so I can't pass traffic, I can't just switch the AP to 161, because it won't connect.

I think there may be a bug in the Regulatory Domain: UNITED_STATES table. From everything I have read for US FCC, UNII-3/ISM band (5710-5815MHz) is for outdoor use, but can be used indoors as well. I therefore feel that this band should show up with either Outdoor Band disabled *or* enabled so that such a client can link to AP over either 165 or 149-161. ???

Best Regards ... Joe
Sponsor
JustJoe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
--bump-- ... No change on v24-SP1
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 15:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
try reg dom germany
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sash wrote:
try reg dom germany

Thanks for the reply. But when I try "GERMANY" and "Outdoor Band - Enabled" I get what I believe are the
UNII-2 band (100/5500-140/5700MHz).

Is this forum a proper way to get this into the bug list ? Or should I be Emailing support ?

Best Regards ... Joe
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
i solved it now internally. so indoor does not cover the higher channels anymore and outdoor does cover all the higher frequencies including channel 165

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Excellent! Sounds like that will work very well!

Many Thanks .... Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> ARM or PPC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: