VOIP generic????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jdog006
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 22:12    Post subject: VOIP generic???? Reply with quote
This might seem like a dumb question. All of the versions of DD-Wrt have a "generic" bin. However the VOIP doesn't specifically list a "generic" bin. I am assuming the file labelled only "VOIP" is the generic. But I want to make sure.

Is the plain voip.bin file the generic voip?

Personally I run a wrt54g with dd-wrt. But I am going to flash a whr-g54s for my mother tonight and I will REALLY be upset if I ruin her router.
Sponsor
dvpatel
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 0:02    Post subject: Re: VOIP generic???? Reply with quote
jdog006 wrote:

Personally I run a wrt54g with dd-wrt. But I am going to flash a whr-g54s for my mother tonight and I will REALLY be upset if I ruin her router.

You don't need to flash her router with the VOIP version do you? I thought the VOIP version lets you run a VOIP server so does she really need the VOIP version?
Cool Dude
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sad

Last edited by Cool Dude on Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:50; edited 1 time in total
Matthiaz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 13:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
The different endings of the firmwares are only header modified to enable users TFTP flashing. If you flash over the Web-Interface, it does NOT matter which one you take.

And the VOIP Version only has SIPatH added (see here.

That this VOIP version is only to be used on a WRT54GP2 is just wrong: it can be used on ALL routers which are alble to run the standard version.
rkramer
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 16:16    Post subject: Re: VOIP generic???? Reply with quote
jdog006 wrote:

why? you are using very advanced FREE firmware not authorized by the manufacturer... You need to take 100% responsibility if you brick it. it is possible, people have before, and it is just something you take into account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: