Cannot access Wireless Clients from WAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
adamcb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 16:22    Post subject: Cannot access Wireless Clients from WAN Reply with quote
I am having a problem where I can access computers that are wired to the network remotely via port forwarding with no problem. However, when I try to access a wireless client through port forwarding I am not able to. I can see the device on the network and access it locally from the LAN side but once outside the WAN I cannot. What do I need to change to enable access of the wireless clients remotely?

Thanks,

Adam
Sponsor
adamcb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
A little more info:

Currently on my network I have a Prolphix thermometer and a few desktops wired directly to the WRT54GS. I also have a laptop and a Rovio connected through a wireless connection. From within the network, either at home or connected to the Router through OpenVPN, I can access the Rovio with no problem, also, the wireless laptop has internet access out no problem.

When I try to connect to the Rovio (port 8010) remotely from outside the network I can not get through. I can access the Proliphix thermostat with no problem (port 8081). I have verified port forwarding settings, port range forwarding, and even put the Rovio on the DMZ with no luck. I can only assume that for some reason the wireless network isn't allowing the data through the WAN.

Is there anything I can do to make the WLAN look like the LAN? Or possibly make everything look like it coming through the WAN is local?

Thanks,

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: