Trendnet TEW-652BRP, Atheros AR9130, DLink DIR-615 C1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
rezimaru
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
To netmduser:

I can only vouch for the TEW-632BRP myself and I do have the A1.1R. I can only speak from personal preference but yes, i think the Dlink FM exposes more functions than the original FM. Off the top of my head for example :

- Options for Virtual Servers, port Forwarding and Port Triggering.
- The Ability to reserve IPs while still enabling DHCP.
- SPI Functionality in the built in firewall.
- A QOS Engine.
- A Schedules Tool.

Plus I think the layout is alot more organized. Some stuff in the original FM was just so poorly layed out and even more poorly documented the Dlink is a breath of fresh air.

As to flashing back to the Original FM, I simply Hex Edited the original FM (Downloaded off of the Trendnet Website) to look like a Dlink FM and flashed with the Dlink Flash Tool.

Hope that helps.
Sponsor
Kzbd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't mean to clutter, but it seems that some posters in this thread have said as recently as 12/18 that Kamikaze will work on the 615, as if DD-WRT won't, yet if I'm reading it correctly the supported devices list lists the 615 without qualification. Am I missing something?
hydeph
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those of you who don't want to get their hands dirty modifying the D-Link 615 rev. C firmware (to replace the HORRIBLE factory firmwares of the Trendnet TEW-632BRP and Trendnet TEW-652BRP/TEW-652BRPK):

I uploaded a ready-to-use D-Link firmware for both AR9130 Trendnet models (632brp & 652brp/652brpk). Simply go to the admin UI (using Ethernet) > tools > firmware, select the correct (modified) D-Link firmware for your Trendnet router (either the dir615_revC...632BRP_MOD.bin or the dir615_revC...652BRP_MOD.bin), and click Upgrade. After success, hold the tiny reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds. Finally, go to http://192.168.0.1/ and enjoy the new and better interface

Do note that you have to reconfigure all the router settings (Check this manual for more information). If you want to revert back to the Trendnet interface, I'm pretty sure you can use the original firmware from Trendnet's site without any modification, but I haven't tested this (anyone care to try?).

Although this isn't ddwrt, it should DEFINITELY keep 632/652brp owners happy until ddwrt is officially released for this platform.

After upgrading, I've noticed my tew-632brp (new Wink DIR 615) is running a lot smoother (no more router freezes/connection drops). I also like the support for static DHCP (which is why i wanted ddwrt in the first place) and the MANY other features you don't get with the factory Trendnet firmware.

Download:
dir615_revC_firmware_301_-_TRENDNET_632BRP_MOD.zip
dir615_revC_firmware_301_-_TRENDNET_652BRP_MOD.zip

PS. If you want ddwrt support right now, you should just cough up a few $$ for a (supported) Linksys or Netgear N router.

Last edited by hydeph on Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:49; edited 2 times in total
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 17:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Exciting news guys! The OpenWRT team just released patches for the ATH9K driver. Testing them out now. These router come with the older madwifi series routers, so to get things over on ATH9K is a big move forward (it is a complete driver rewrite in the mainline Linux kernel).
lostlamb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
The setting westite reponse too slow.

hydeph wrote:
For those of you who don't want to get their hands dirty modifying the D-Link 615 rev. C firmware (to replace the HORRIBLE factory firmwares of the Trendnet TEW-632BRP and Trendnet TEW-652BRP/TEW-652BRPK):

I uploaded a ready-to-use D-Link firmware for both AR9130 Trendnet models (632brp & 652brp/652brpk). Simply go to the admin UI > tools > firmware, select the correct (modified) D-Link firmware for your Trendnet router (either the dir615_revC...632BRP_MOD.bin or the dir615_revC...652BRP_MOD.bin), and click Upgrade. After success, hold the tiny reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds. Finally, go to http://192.168.0.1/ and enjoy the new and better interface

Do note that you have to reconfigure all the router settings (Check this manual for more information). If you want to revert back to the Trendnet interface, I'm pretty sure you can use the original firmware from Trendnet's site without any modification, but I haven't tested this (anyone care to try?).

Although this isn't ddwrt, it should DEFINITELY keep 632/652brp owners happy until ddwrt is officially released for this platform.

After upgrading, I've noticed my tew-632brp (new Wink DIR 615) is running a lot smoother (no more router freezes/connection drops). I also like the support for static DHCP (which is why i wanted ddwrt in the first place) and the MANY other features you don't get with the factory Trendnet firmware.

Download:

PS. If you want ddwrt support right now, you should just cough up a few $$ for a (supported) Linksys or Netgear N router.
netmduser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
hydeph wrote:
[u]For those of you who don't want to get their hands dirty modifying the [b]D-Link 615 rev.

Thank you for this. Turned my tew-632brp into a dlink. Although the trendnet firmware was nice and simple, the dlink has more features. The dlink default username is Admin and the default password is blank (nothing)on http://192.168.0.1/login.asp

For the TEW 632 it is admin admin on http://192.168.10.1/

Any advice on what dlink settings should be changed from the default?
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:43    Post subject: 652BRP Reply with quote
Help is possible.. I have main router in my house (WRT 600N) I was wanting to know if it is possible to connect it to the TEW-652BRP with something similar to a "WDS" connection. I know dd-wrt is not supported on this device.. I noticed in the WRT menu there is what is called "Adhoc" mode? Can this connect to the 652BRP? I was going to set the 652BRP as the main but then what good is DD-wrt for... If i did this though I could have dd-wrt as a client or client bridge and be done with it.. any help would greatly be appreciated..
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 17:13    Post subject: OpenWRT Reply with quote
Ok I was able to put OpenWRT on this router.. However there is no WIFI support.. in the dropdown down for the WIFI device there are no options..
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:27    Post subject: Re: OpenWRT Reply with quote
mchipser wrote:
Ok I was able to put OpenWRT on this router.. However there is no WIFI support.. in the dropdown down for the WIFI device there are no options..

Howdy, where you at in Texas - I'm in Austin.

I suggest you post your question over on the OpenWRT forum, there is a thread: http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=18314

This is still early in the game with these routers. OpenWRT does not have a standard web interface, it has a couple - which one did you try? With OpenWRT you typically want to start out with the command line (ssh/telnet) to confirm things like wireless are working before introducing a website interface. Did you enable the ath9k driver on your firmware build?

If you are looking for simple plug and play, you probably want to just put the D-Link DIR-615 firmware on until things are more mature.
tipstir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 22:57    Post subject: Works! on TEW-652BRP Reply with quote
At first the firmware didn't work on the TEW-652BRP got a fail message. So I had tried it again and it said Success! Works very well more featurs. I use a laptop with 100mbps pcmcia card to update the firmware to the DIR-615 C1 3.01 firmware.

At first I was getting 150mbps for N only with Trendnet firmware but after a while it's giving off the same. The Router reports 130M 40%. I also have DIR-655 so I know how the GUI tools are already.

I hope DD-WRT folks will provide us with DD-WRT version and maybe have the wireless peaked 70mW like in the 2x Buffalo WHR-G54-HP which I've overclocked along with the Wireless Client Bridge from Buffalo.

Thanks for putting this up.. Very Happy

Going to get another one as soon as it drops in price again.

Routers/AP
EnGenius ESR-9850 1.00/1.12(DHCP)
EnGenius ESR-9850 1.00/1.09 (AP)
Belkin N+ F5D8235-4 v1000/1.01.28 (2x)
Dlink DIR-655 A3/1.32NAB03 Gig
Trendnet TEW-652BRP w/DIR-615 C1/3.11NA
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 w/DD-WRT V24/SP2/7/09 (2X)
mchipser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
RoundSparrow wrote:
Howdy, where you at in Texas - I'm in Austin.

Dude im up in Temple.. I got the Trendent down at Fry's this past weekend.. they were on sale for $25 I was hoping to use it as a N WDS router... I guess ill have to wait..

RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
mchipser wrote:
they were on sale for $25 I was hoping to use it as a N WDS router... I guess ill have to wait..

If you are really desperate for WDS support, you could gain root access to the factory firmware (not sure if there's a way on the d-link firmware or not, but you could always solder in a serial rs232 port).

The factory firmware for these routers uses 2.6.15 kernel and a version of the madwifi driver that we don't have source code for. One thing that was noted is that the scripts in /etc/ath support WDS, client mode, and repeater mode - just that the web interface does not have any way to do this. hence the need for root access to the internal linux.

I have a Plenex version of this router platform that has a web interface that DOES allow WDS. it uses the same AthSDK (Atheros SDK). too bad the flash for the Planex is 8MB or I'd almost suggest trying to cross-flash ;)

I think people should continue to make noise to Atheros about releasing the source code for the AR9100 madwifi drivers. I think having those until ath9k matures would be really nice.
Rickkk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
From one noob to another...
Shouda known better than to expect a noobs links to firmware to work!

:-(

Both links fail.

hydeph wrote:

I uploaded a ready-to-use D-Link firmware for both AR9130 Trendnet models (632brp & 652brp/652brpk). Simply go to the admin UI (using Ethernet) > tools > firmware, select the correct (modified) D-Link firmware for your Trendnet router (either the dir615_revC...632BRP_MOD.bin or the dir615_revC...652BRP_MOD.bin), and click Upgrade. After success, hold the tiny reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds. Finally, go to http://192.168.0.1/ and enjoy the new and better interface

Download:

Rickkk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:18    Post subject: Flashing DLink dir 615 fw onto Trendnet tew632brp Reply with quote
Help.

Flashing DLink dir615 firmware onto Trendnet tew632b:

Can anyone here please provide a step by step process, or alternately pm me the modded file?
I downloaded a hex ed program and still find the bin file text to be gibirish imo.
Try as I may I keep getting "fail" messages from the 632BRP and it resets back to factory settings...

Pretty please?
tipstir
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:41    Post subject: Flashing the Mod to 615 C1/3.01 on TEW-652BRP Reply with quote

1. download the mod for your model
2. only connected is to the router using wired source
3. using device firmware updater inside the gui web
4. wait for the device to say success if not repeat
5. press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
6. login using the default dlink admin PSDW - blank

That's it as for me it failed to flash on the first attempt. Second attempt it did..

Routers/AP
EnGenius ESR-9850 1.00/1.12(DHCP)
EnGenius ESR-9850 1.00/1.09 (AP)
Belkin N+ F5D8235-4 v1000/1.01.28 (2x)
Dlink DIR-655 A3/1.32NAB03 Gig
Trendnet TEW-652BRP w/DIR-615 C1/3.11NA
Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 w/DD-WRT V24/SP2/7/09 (2X)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 26
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: