Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Do we need DD-WRT on the Belkin N1 vision?
yes
94%
 94%  [ 217 ]
no
5%
 5%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 230

psycardis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been playing with this for the past few hours, mostly just with the wukongjiuwo.html page, but I did a port scan and the following ports are open 80, 5431, 10101, and 49152. I'm assuming 80 is open for the config pages. Not sure about 5431, and 10101, can't get anything from them when telneting... 49152 is upnp I think, becuase if you type the wrong things in it says something about an intel upnp sdk. I'd do more from telnet if I could get anything useful. I've also tried using the wukongjiuwo.html page to edit files using vi I was trying to see if there were a way to open telnet up as apparently busybox is on the device. vi is a bit difficult as when i exit vi is seems to freeze the interface between wukongjiuwo.html and the actual device as I don't get a response from any commands, any tips would be greatly appreciated. Also let me know if there is anyway I can help.
Sponsor
stargazer_forest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:09    Post subject: Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232zh4 Reply with quote
Dear every friend here,
I bought a N1 VISION set a couple weeks ago in China, but I found the firmware update menu was invalid. I can not click the button of browse in the firmware update menu, it was gray. I called service center in China of Belkin, they said firmware function was locked for all the 8232zh models (how could they do that??).

However, I found this thread via Internet, and saw 192.168.2.1/wukongjiuwo.html maybe the backdoor to unlock the firmware update function. So, could anyone talent can tell me how to unlock this troublesome function?

Thanks!

P.S.: wukongjiuwo is a Chinese sentence meaning "Wukong! Please save me! "It came from an old and renowned fiction novel in China name The Journey to the West.
deaks
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 13:12    Post subject: Re: Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232zh4 Reply with quote
stargazer_forest wrote:

I found the firmware update menu was invalid. I can not click the button of browse in the firmware update menu, it was gray.

Are you using wired or wireless connection? My N1 vision does the same with wireless connection.
stargazer_forest
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 15:31    Post subject: Re: Belkin N1 Vision F5D8232zh4 Reply with quote
deaks wrote:
stargazer_forest wrote:

I found the firmware update menu was invalid. I can not click the button of browse in the firmware update menu, it was gray.

Are you using wired or wireless connection? My N1 vision does the same with wireless connection.

My wireless connection was active. Did you mean if we deactivate the wireless connection and taking wired connection only, the firmware can be flashed?
Scuba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
You must use a wired connection to update the firmware .
vmlinuz2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi Guys,
just to let you know that I'll be happy to see the famous dd-wrt running on my N1 Vision.
I run it on a WRT54GL so good, as repeater, and hope to have it running on my N1.
Thanks,
Seb.

Edit: if you guys know how to add static route thru hidden page, or other ? Wink
psycardis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 17:25    Post subject: I think this should help you... Reply with quote
http://www.vandeneynde.net/

Tom talks about how he added static routes through the backdoor here.
vmlinuz2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you Very Happy
RoundSparrow
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Since this is an atheros based router, can the thread be moved to that forum? some good compile stuff was in here I missed.
michaelrod77
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 22:15    Post subject: My two cents Reply with quote
First time hearing about DD-WRT, but I do have a Belkin Vision N1 and would love to see support for it. I love the LCD screen on it (that's honestly what brought me to purchase it in the first place), but I would easily put DD-WRT on it even if it killed support for the screen. Very Happy
Skyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello

i've bought 2 months ago a N1 Vision Modem-Router (F5D8632-4).

Just opened to view inside: there are 2 chip with heatsinks

CHIP:

Broadcom: BCM6358 (ADSL/ADSL2)

Realtek: RTL8366SR (Gigabit LAN)

then the little board with atherios chip for the wireless connection (under this there is the flash rom).

Hope this help for F5D8632.

Bye
aidan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Scuba wrote:
Hello, I just bought 2 Belkin N1 Vision routers, intending to make a wireless bridge with them. Big mistake, as they miss the WDS and the bridge functions Sad . I am very disappointed, because Belkin's older routers/AP's had these functions and were very stable even with the factory firmware.
I didn't wanted to use the crappy WRT54GL's because they proved to be unstable in WDS mode .

I really do not care about the LCD's , I just wish a firmware capable of wireless bridging / WDS . I promise I will donate Smile !

Try http://192.168.2.1/wls_wds.html, it works on my f5d8231 (the backdoor page doesn't sadly)
tolp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 23:22    Post subject: Re: Belkin N1 vision : sources and toolchain available Reply with quote
m4n wrote:
Hello

The Belkin N1 vision ( F5D8232 ) sources and toolchain are available at http://www.belkin.com/uk/support/article/?lid=enu&pid=F5D8232uk4&aid=10243&scid=0.

I was able to compile a firmware from the original sources and run it, thus adding new functions like telnetd for instance.

Now, I am working on making dd-wrt available on it and being able to use the lcd screen.

If you are ready to help, please write to m4n at amilto.com.

By the way, I must tell you that there is an hidden page in Belkin's original firmware that let's you take control of your box : http://192.168.2.1/wukongjiuwo.html

Long live DD-WRT

m4n
__________ ___________
http://www.amilto.com/

I downloaded the sources for 1.00.15 and the toolchain but I'm a little confused as to how to compile the toolchain and the firmware.

It looks like the source is based on linux kernel 2.6.15 but the toolchain makes references to 2.6.12.

make menuconfig at the toplevel of the toolchain fails to find Config.in. Does anyone know where am I supposed to find it?

Any general directions appreciated.
sspeed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 19:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Skyi wrote:
hello

How the heck did you get the case open? Are there hidden screws? I tried to get it off by unsnapping the sides, but it seems stuck.

I want to add a fan as it seems to lock up at times, and I think it's overheating.
Skyi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
sspeed wrote:
Skyi wrote:
hello

How the heck did you get the case open? Are there hidden screws? I tried to get it off by unsnapping the sides, but it seems stuck.

I want to add a fan as it seems to lock up at times, and I think it's overheating.

there are 2 screws under the label around the cable connectors: the rest is all fit.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19, 20, 21  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 21
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: