IP Passthrough

jmassey09
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 23:34    Post subject: IP Passthrough Reply with quote
**My definition of IP Passthrough= the ability to type in a WAN into a browser and reach a computer that has a dynamically assigned IP.

I am trying to host a site on my server after 2 DHCP enabled router/switches. The first DHCP enabled device is my Westell Bellsouth DSL router. The lan Ip of the router is 192.168.1.254. I have set up my WRT54G with DD-WRT on it with an IP address of 192.168.2.1. I set the network different so that I would not have conflict with DHCP servers. I am running windows 2000 server. I set up an IP passthrough on my westell modem directly to my server one time to make sure that if I typed in my WAN IP in a browser that I would get connection to my server connected to my modem. This worked. Now my problem comes in when I plug in my server to my WRT54G to my modem. When i try to ping my WAN ip it says request timed out. I do not know if configuring an IP passthrough on my WRT54G is possible. If anyone has any idea that may work please reply. If not I will have to submit this for a future development. Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: