New Fast Router, New Chipset, Westell 9100EM- Details Inside

GizmoGuy
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:06    Post subject: New Fast Router, New Chipset, Westell 9100EM- Details Inside Reply with quote
I recently acquired a new Westell 9100EM (courtesy Verizon FIOS), so I'm digging in to see whats under the hood, since I read thats its supposed to be very fast.

THE BASICS:

Infinion (dual core?) Processor
    64MB DDR SDRAM
    16MB Flash Memory

THE DETAILS:

Sponsor
GizmoGuy
Donator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
What I cant figure out is if the Linux Kernel supports this particular variety of the Infineon processor. I know there is support for Infinion processors, but I can only find references to the Amazon and Danube Network Processors...I dont know if the Twinnpass-E is similar enough architecture that support is possible.

If this processor turns out to be supported by the Linux kernel, does the rest of the hardware look promising to be supported by DD-WRT?
codester3388
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well it looks like the source code has been released.
http://westell.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=952&arcsection=support
So is this processor supported by DD-WRT?

I know the Actiontec is kind of close to being done but wouldn't this be kind of the same except a faster processor?
Sash
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
no support, sorry
&
RTFM/STFW
&
Throw some buzzwords into the WIKI search Exclamation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 16:42    Post subject: but could it be Reply with quote
I guess probably the more appropriate question is.... COULD dd-wrt support this processor.... like how difficult would adding support be.... from the looks of it, it is running linux and the source code is readily available (hmm... wonder if they would have been so dumb as to include the source for the Entropic MOCA interface in there...)
LordKitsuna
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 0:32    Post subject: seeing as time has passed Reply with quote
has anything changed? is ddwrt possible in this router. i sure would like it its a great router even with the stock firmware. so having ddwrt would be awesome. unless ofc that removed the load balancing feature of the router. (has ability to load balance wan and coax. not that i have any use for that atm i suppose. anyway point is is it possible and if so will it be done?
GeeTek
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where is Jeremy Collake when you need him ? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: