Pass through

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
concretenomad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32    Post subject: Pass through Reply with quote
Does DD-WRT support IP passthrough. I bought a router hoping that DD-WRT would allow passthrough. If it does not then I will have to get an AP.
Sponsor
rkloost
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Be more specific please, what do you want to accomplish?
1xWRT54Gv2

In need of WRT54GS <= v3 EU/UK for firmware-debugging purposes. Buffalo's are welcome too! PM me if you have a spare one.
concretenomad
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 13:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do not want the router to handle IP assignment. I have something behind the router that handles the IP assignment. Basically I want the router to act as an AP. I cannot have it assigning its own IPs.
JohnS@
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
switch off the dhcp function in the web interface and - if applicable - set internet connection type to disabled, if that is also handled by the other device giving out IPs in your scenario. additionally change operating mode to router. you may want to assign wan port (see vlan) to the lan or alternatively plug the wired connection to the rest of the network into a lan port on the dd-wrt device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: