Dual / Triple WAN HowTo | DHCP scripts on Page 5!!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
ronni3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 14:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
citizenatlarge wrote:
ronni3 wrote:
I'd like to try this on my WRT54GL v1.1 but I can't find the v24-sp2 firmware. Do I have to purchase the Special Edition firmware from the store in order to get this?

Also how well does this Dual WAN setup work on the WRT54GL router? Is it stable?

For a nice, short, very working solution to the GLv1.1.. Try this link- http://roadrunnerguide.com/dualwan.html

Follow the directions exactly.. Know that the maximum download throughput of the GL is around 28Mbs.. I have two 30/2 Mb connections running and see no increase in downloads, but upload peaks at around 600KB/s now.. I'm happy..

Thanks Citizen! I tried it and it worked but I am running into issues. Both of my cable modems are from the same ISP and it seems like it interchanges between the two modems randomly as I experience a slow connection or randomly lose my connection on my VOIP phone device.
Sponsor
corotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI, all

i followed the "Road Runner Guide" entirely to allow my wrt54gl v1.1 to have dual wan but wireless computer don't have access to the internet. Only the local network is availlable.

is it normal or there is a miss in my config ?

Edit: i have two cable modem from the same ISP

thanks
ronni3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had the same issue with it Corrote only mine did work with accessing the two WAN connections. The problem I had was that one WAN connection would eventually cut the second WAN connection off of the network so I would experience a brief lack of internet period in between.

I think what I have going now is better than a dual wan solution although I have been giving it a second thought but I think I may try it with OpenWRT or X-WRT instead.
ccbiker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:45    Post subject: wrt350n Reply with quote
roothuser wrote:

Where does the route.firewall file get used?

It gets used at the end of the startup scripts. This script is absolutely necessary.
roothuser wrote:

Why do i need to specify vlan3 when calling udhcpc-wan2.script when other setups seem to use vlan2?

Lots of routers use vlan0 for lan and vlan1 for wan, then vlan2 for the second wan; however, the 350n uses vlan1 for lan, vlan2 for wan, and VLAN3 for wan2.
roothuser wrote:

Has anyone succesfully set things up with a newer release?

1. Install dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin (RC3)

I have no experience with RC3. I have had success with the others\eko\tng builds or whatever (the preSP2 ones). For example svn11779 is very recent and seems stable to me, works with dual (or trip/quad wan).

roothuser wrote:

4. Set Port 4 under its own LAN
Go to "Setup"->"VLANs"
Click off port 4 under VLAN 0
Click on port 4 under VLAN 2 and click "Save"
Force a reboot by going to Services and clicking Reboot Router

This isn't necessary. In fact, I have come across trouble when setting vlans in the web gui. You can ignore this step.
roothuser wrote:

5. Setup new VLAN settings
ssh to the box and type the following commands

--- start ---
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 8*"
nvram set vlan3ports="4 8"
nvram set vlan3hwname=et0
nvram commit
reboot
--- end ---

This is correct. It will make port 4 into your wan2.

roothuser wrote:

7. Ensure scripts run automatically
Go to "Administration"->"Commands"

Enter the following and click "Save Startup"
udhcpc -s /jffs/scripts/udhcpc-wan2.script -i vlan3

This is where you would have:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/routes.firewall

roothuser wrote:

Enter the following and click "Save Firewall"
/jffs/scripts/firewall.firewall

Yup.

Good luck Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
ronni3 wrote:
citizenatlarge wrote:
ronni3 wrote:
I'd like to try this on my WRT54GL v1.1 but I can't find the v24-sp2 firmware. Do I have to purchase the Special Edition firmware from the store in order to get this?

Also how well does this Dual WAN setup work on the WRT54GL router? Is it stable?

For a nice, short, very working solution to the GLv1.1.. Try this link- http://roadrunnerguide.com/dualwan.html

Follow the directions exactly.. Know that the maximum download throughput of the GL is around 28Mbs.. I have two 30/2 Mb connections running and see no increase in downloads, but upload peaks at around 600KB/s now.. I'm happy..

Thanks Citizen! I tried it and it worked but I am running into issues. Both of my cable modems are from the same ISP and it seems like it interchanges between the two modems randomly as I experience a slow connection or randomly lose my connection on my VOIP phone device.

I am having the same issue. I followed the guide using Firmware: 'DD-WRT v24 (05/24/0Cool std'

My connections do not seems to be switching between the modems often, and every 10 minutes or so my connection is dropped..
corotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 16:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks ronni3 for reply.

after some research, i can confirm that issue. WLAN and LAN are having intermittent connexion on DUALWAN setting using "dd-wrt.v24_vpn_generic" on a wrt54gl v1.1 . Maybe that's because i'm using two cable modem from the same ISP (and then, the same network, gateway, DNS)? Or is there a bug in the script ? I really don't know.

Quote:
I had the same issue with it Corrote only mine did work with accessing the two WAN connections. The problem I had was that one WAN connection would eventually cut the second WAN connection off of the network so I would experience a brief lack of internet period in between.

I think what I have going now is better than a dual wan solution although I have been giving it a second thought but I think I may try it with OpenWRT or X-WRT instead.

Is there a way to resolve this problem without having to try another firmware ?
psyh0x
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:09    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote
ive been able to run v24 dd-wrt , like the roadrunner guide for dual wan ,
but im not able to run it on triple .

can some1 please give e decent guide .

ill be very thankful and more people around here too Wink
all those threads blow my mind ..
and still cant set it right as triple.

please let me know .
thanks
cl3537
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:49    Post subject: Re: wrt350n Reply with quote
[quote="ccbiker"]
roothuser wrote:

Where does the route.firewall file get used?

It gets used at the end of the startup scripts. This script is absolutely necessary.
roothuser wrote:

Why do i need to specify vlan3 when calling udhcpc-wan2.script when other setups seem to use vlan2?

Lots of routers use vlan0 for lan and vlan1 for wan, then vlan2 for the second wan; however, the 350n uses vlan1 for lan, vlan2 for wan, and VLAN3 for wan2.
roothuser wrote:

Has anyone succesfully set things up with a newer release?

1. Install dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin (RC3)

I have no experience with RC3. I have had success with the others\eko\tng builds or whatever (the preSP2 ones). For example svn11779 is very recent and seems stable to me, works with dual (or trip/quad wan).

roothuser wrote:

4. Set Port 4 under its own LAN
Go to "Setup"->"VLANs"
Click off port 4 under VLAN 0
Click on port 4 under VLAN 2 and click "Save"
Force a reboot by going to Services and clicking Reboot Router

This isn't necessary. In fact, I have come across trouble when setting vlans in the web gui. You can ignore this step.
roothuser wrote:

5. Setup new VLAN settings
ssh to the box and type the following commands

--- start ---
nvram set vlan1ports="1 2 3 8*"
nvram set vlan3ports="4 8"
nvram set vlan3hwname=et0
nvram commit
reboot
--- end ---

This is correct. It will make port 4 into your wan2.

roothuser wrote:

7. Ensure scripts run automatically
Go to "Administration"->"Commands"

Enter the following and click "Save Startup"

This is where you would have:
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/routes.firewall

roothuser wrote:

Enter the following and click "Save Firewall"
/jffs/scripts/firewall.firewall

Yup.

Can anyone confirm if this method will work for the WRT310N? the lan and port configuration is the same as the WRT350N.
Less memory means I use standard nokaid to get enough space for jffs but I think that GUI port problem is what stumped me.

Anyone Anyone worked it through with a 310N?
Jbarbieri AIM me been trying to find you for months!
liverpoolatnight
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Has anyone configged out for

v24-sp2? running a WRT54G2 or is it better running it into wingate proxy server?

EE BrightBox 1 aka A4001N (OpenWrt 17.01.4)
Sagemcom FAST@5364 (VDSL2,FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Synced 65/17

Twitter: @francisuk1989
---------------------------------
Found a bug? Report it http://svn.dd-wrt.com
DD-WRT Official FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493762527744455
ccbiker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 23:53    Post subject: Re: wrt350n Reply with quote
cl3537 wrote:

Can anyone confirm if this method will work for the WRT310N? the lan and port configuration is the same as the WRT350N.
Less memory means I use standard nokaid to get enough space for jffs but I think that GUI port problem is what stumped me.

I can't vouch for the 310N, but if you're having problems with the vlan ports in the GUI, I'd recommend completely leaving them alone. ie, ONLY do the nvram commands for setting up the vlans, not checking/unchecking boxes in the GUI

It'd be worth a try, anyway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Does anyone has an idea to resolve the intermittent connection with wrt54gl v1.1 in dual wan configuratio ? Any news ?
corotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finally, i got an answer.

I did'nt read correctly the guide so i found that if my 2 WAN connectioncome from the same ISP (so come from the same gateway) it will not work.

a basic solution may be to use another router (name R2) on the second WAN, set a static IP for the main router with DMZ pointed on it.

I suppose it will create 2 different gateway and, in theory, it should work.

Is there a chance to work ?

I'll try it at home just to be sure.
corotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 17:38    Post subject: Re: Select duaWAN interface for selected LAN addresses Reply with quote
corotte wrote:
Finally, i got an answer.

I did'nt read correctly the guide so i found that if my 2 WAN connectioncome from the same ISP (so come from the same gateway) it will not work.

a basic solution may be to use another router (name R2) on the second WAN, set a static IP for the main router with DMZ pointed on it.

I suppose it will create 2 different gateway and, in theory, it should work.

Is there a chance to work ?

I'll try it at home just to be sure.

Confirmed, IT WORK !

But i have to forward some port to a specific WAN.

amhirsch wrote:
I have identified the ports required for the device I wish to route out a specific WAN interface. The ports are 500, 4500, 52428. I have made the following entry into the firewall config based off of the port designation:

## Allow AIRAVE to always go out vlan1 (causes connection/login issues).
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports 500,4500,52428 -j SPOOF_ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports 500,4500,52428 -j ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports 500,4500,52428 -j ETH1

However, this is still not functioning as expected. See the iptables relevant entries below:

root@officeRouter:~# iptables -t nat -nvL | grep 500
0 0 SPOOF_ETH1 tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
multiport dports 500,4500,52428
root@officeRouter:~# iptables -t mangle -nvL | grep 500
0 0 ETH1 tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0
0 0 ETH1 tcp -- * * 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0

When I go look at /proc/net/ip_conntrack is see connections utilizing these ports going out both WAN interfaces! See below:

root@officeRouter:~# cat /proc/net/ip_conntrack | grep 172.31.254.119
udp 17 22 src=172.31.254.119 dst=68.28.181.121 sport=4500 dport=4500 [UNREP
LIED] src=68.28.181.121 dst=192.168.88.100 sport=4500 dport=4500 use=1 rate=14 m
ark=512
udp 17 116 src=172.31.254.119 dst=68.28.181.121 sport=500 dport=500 src=68.
28.181.121 dst=172.31.253.141 sport=500 dport=500 [ASSURED] use=1 rate=126 mark=

Any ideas/suggestions?

TAIA!

I'm not sure how to use the commands show by amhirsch

Does someone can explain me how to use this command ?

Help will be fully apreciated.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 18:02    Post subject: Re: Select duaWAN interface for selected LAN addresses Reply with quote
corotte wrote:
I'm not sure how to use the commands show by amhirsch

Does someone can explain me how to use this command ?

Help will be fully apreciated.

Your rules aren't getting hit. Do you have them at the end of your firewall script?
corotte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 18:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
yeah and i do the same mistake has amhirsch

i forgot to map the UDP port type ...

using fpr tcp :
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j SPOOF_ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I OUTPUT -p tcp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j ETH1

AND for UDP

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -p udp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j SPOOF_ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -p udp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j ETH1
iptables -t mangle -I OUTPUT -p udp -m multiport --destination-ports {PORT NUUMBER} -j ETH1

and it works fine !!

but i dont know if there anything wrong ...

EDIT:
but i don't know how to map a port range like the upper script ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 66, 67, 68  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 57 of 68
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: