Linksys WRT160N v2 - supported in future?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
djhewi1025
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow, that's kinda harsh. Keep in mind, they are doing this in their spare time. If I'm not mistaken, they are working on another router before this one. No need to be so mean.
Sponsor
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
djhewi1025 wrote:
Wow, that's kinda harsh. Keep in mind, they are doing this in their spare time. If I'm not mistaken, they are working on another router before this one. No need to be so mean.

Have you looked at many months back this thread goes? Have you noticed the number of views and the number of posts? Have you noticed the number of user questions about the development status? Have you noticed the total lack of useful feedback from the developers?

Yes, I'm sure they're working on another router before this one. And then another, and then another, and so on. They've been working on a lot of other routers except this one.

Oh, and as for doing this in their spare time? The free versions, maybe, but don't fool yourself, this is a business. They sell hardware, and they sell software (the non-free version of DD-WRT). Some routers require a paid version of DD-WRT for things like wireless to work. They're not doing it for charity, and I'm not about to donate in the hope they'll stop ignoring us.

I'll donate when I have the money, after there's a working DD-WRT for my router. Does that seem all that unreasonable to you?
andreikh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chrisbert wrote:
djhewi1025 wrote:

Have you looked at many months back this thread goes? Have you noticed the number of views and the number of posts? Have you noticed the number of user questions about the development status? Have you noticed the total lack of useful feedback from the developers?

Yes, I'm sure they're working on another router before this one. And then another, and then another, and so on. They've been working on a lot of other routers except this one.

Oh, and as for doing this in their spare time? The free versions, maybe, but don't fool yourself, this is a business. They sell hardware, and they sell software (the non-free version of DD-WRT). Some routers require a paid version of DD-WRT for things like wireless to work. They're not doing it for charity, and I'm not about to donate in the hope they'll stop ignoring us.

I'll donate when I have the money, after there's a working DD-WRT for my router. Does that seem all that unreasonable to you?

I just want to join Chrisbert and add the fact that i did donate the DD_WRT guys just for this crappy router...
TiZon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
i donated today, let's hope they get on with it now Smile
smx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
From what I understand I can flash a V3 using the V1 fimeware. Is that correct?
delpt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 17:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chrisbert wrote:
djhewi1025 wrote:

Dude - Lay off.
If you want it now today now, go buy one that's already supported. I've had lots of luck with the WRT300N and WRT310N.

You were either not forward-thinking enough to check the DD-WRT forums for their supported hardware list or you were too cheap to pass over the discount rack... Neither of these are the fault of the DD-WRT folks. Plus, they are working on donations. Sure they have a commercial product... because they like to eat things besides ramen. Do you have a job? How many things have you produced for free?

Chill man. If you want it so bad, go get a supported router.
Chrisbert
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
delpt wrote:

Dude - Lay off.
If you want it now today now, go buy one that's already supported. I've had lots of luck with the WRT300N and WRT310N.

You were either not forward-thinking enough to check the DD-WRT forums for their supported hardware list or you were too cheap to pass over the discount rack... Neither of these are the fault of the DD-WRT folks. Plus, they are working on donations. Sure they have a commercial product... because they like to eat things besides ramen. Do you have a job? How many things have you produced for free?

Chill man. If you want it so bad, go get a supported router.

Maybe you should try having a few of the facts straight before you reply. I bought this router in December, before there was even mention of a version 2 of the wrt160n on this website. It's not like Linksys announced boldly on the box that this was a new version of the wrt160n.

My problem with the developers is that they couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge that they received the wrt160nv2 test unit THAT WAS DONATED. It also seems that they can't be bothered to look at this thread and reply.

As for buying a supported unit, well, I just don't have the money right now. That will change in the near future, and I was considering buying one of their professional level routers, but if they can't even keep track of donated units, I'm not sure I wanna send them my money, and hope they can keep better track of orders than they can their donations.

Acknowledging that they have the donated test unit, and maybe giving us a status on development would be a way to restore my confidence in them. If they want this to be a business, they need to act like they can manage it, or else they're not going to have customers.
xnappo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Chrisbert wrote:

Acknowledging that they have the donated test unit, and maybe giving us a status on development would be a way to restore my confidence in them. If they want this to be a business, they need to act like they can manage it, or else they're not going to have customers.

Please just be patient. It doesn't really matter if you are right or not, the devs are going to do what the devs are going to do.

From past experience, all whining will do to an open source project is guarantee this gets sent to the end of the line.

xnappo
spyker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to post my support and thanks for working on this i hope it comes out soon. I bought what i was told was a version 1.1 and it turned out to be a version 2.0 - Lame-tastic. I will donate a little something when the firmware is available. Thanks for working on it.
Navi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
nhpctech1988 wrote:
Hey guys. i have a solution to those who have the WRT160N Version2. i had a long chat with cisco/linksys and they gave me a beta firmware 2.0.03 build 001

I installed it and everything is running much more stable and havent experienced any problems.

I have put it on my server for download. All you need to to do is download it, reset to factory default settings, and upgrade from web browser as you would any firmware.

Again this is for Version 2 of the WRT160N

http://www.nhpctech.org/downloads/WRT160Nv2_v2.0.03_001_US_code.bin

Can anyone send me this firmware? (maybe by e-mail) Since i have a Wifi HP printer I have a lot of connection problem with this and I have to reboot the router many times.
Also some websites are not found, the same problems as I here and on Linksysforums..

Hope tosolve the problems on a model how was bought in Holland..

But also this link to this firware is broken.....

Thanks anyway Cool
stout
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can understand Chris' frustration. DD-WRT should at least tell us if they received the donated unit.

Also, I bought what was advertised as a v1 and got a v2 so I'm sitting here with the rest of you, waiting for a firmware.

Really, if I can just use this thing as bridge, I don't much care what firmware I end up with.
dcy4pres
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
TiZon wrote:
i donated today, let's hope they get on with it now Smile

Hope all you like. I gave up on the 'hope' that one day they might think about talking about something... already sold this piece of crap router and bought one that works, I suggest you do the same...
Lord AggressoR
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 8:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
come on guys, it's even written on the "supported hardware" page - "work in progress, router support is in the works, but please don't ask how long it takes, we cannot give you a schedule in the most cases."

Just be patient these guys have done ddwrt on lots of routers i'm sure that wrt160n will be finished sooner or later. Wink
adax
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
My days with Linksys

Early morning, wake-up ring
Router ping.

Waiting, waiting, no reply,
Want the same? Go Linksys buy!

Boring job? Can't sleep at night?
We all meet at firmware site.
Last updated years ago,
Still for views, top of the show!

Lunch time break, again go ping,
How to brake this vicious ring!?

Wireless, wired, all scr.... up,
Tech support does never stop
Working on the magic fix
Germans say "bis hierher nix".

Before bed just one more try,
Did the sh.. box really die?
Lights are blinking, network slow,
WRT one six oh!

Hitler had his own V2 [fau zwei],
Linksys now want also try.
Who of them will score more dead?
With an L beginns my bet.
TiZon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
adax: Laughing my ass of Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: