Buffalo HP G54 Users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Titus Pullo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will do! Thank you.
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am doing about 4 times that distance with one Yagi, but you should at least get one good antenna if you want a reliable signal...as Redhawk said.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Titus Pullo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was about to place an order for the HP-G54 when I noticed that compared to my current WL-520GU and it seems to have pretty much the same specs except for the Broadcom chipset (5354 on the Asus vs. 5352 on the Buffalo).

But I guess its the internal amp that matters.
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Titus Pullo wrote:
I was about to place an order for the HP-G54 when I noticed that compared to my current WL-520GU and it seems to have pretty much the same specs except for the Broadcom chipset (5354 on the Asus vs. 5352 on the Buffalo).

But I guess its the internal amp that matters.

Yeah...they are similar...the 520GU and the WHR-G125 are the same device (except Asus has the USB port added)

But...the internal amp is what makes the HP so much better.

redhawk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I had my TX power sitting at around 4mW initially, and then I tried increasing it gradually by 1mW. At 4mW I was able to get about 60-65% signal strength.

When I increased to 5mW the results were identical, but when I increased to 6mW there was a bit of a jump. Now I'm getting 65-70% signal strength. After that, I tried increasing to 8, 12, and 28mW. In all of those scenarios, my signal strength remained at around 65-70%. Am I missing something? I thought if I were to increase it to at least 28mW I would see somewhere around 80-90% signal strength. Does anyone know how I can improve my signal strength without physically altering the router?

WG

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
weirdg wrote:
Does anyone know how I can improve my signal strength without physically altering the router?

WG

Signal strength isn't what you are after. throughput is. I get full throughput with a 10-15% connection.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: