WHR-G300N connection trouble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
callmechewy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 20:01    Post subject: WHR-G300N connection trouble Reply with quote
With the default firmware for this router I had to manually enter in my mac address in order to connect to this new comcast modem that I was given (only information on the front is "D3.0" and "ubee".

After flashing to dd-wrt, I can't seem to get online at all. I'm not very familiar with the layout of the webgui for dd-wrt, so it's very possible that I missed something.

Any ideas?

p.s. I didn't see any stickies with "How-to's" etc, but point me to them if I missed anything.
Sponsor
bibson
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 20:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have comcast and I am using the WHR-G300N as my router. You just need to reset your comcast modem and then plug your router. Try it a few times. You should get an ip address from the modem.
Also check out this link from peacok
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
look for point 14
callmechewy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had to clone the mac address (a couple times actually), but it finally started working.

Another quick question...what wireless security protocol works with dd-wrt and this router?

I tried putting one on, but the security light didn't come on on the router. is that normal?
callmechewy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update:

Added a port forwarding range, hit apply, and the router lost connection. Tried power-cycling, but I can't get back into the router.

I'll try a hard reset next, but does anyone have any idea what would be causing the router to lose connection randomly?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: