Please help update the WIKI Install Instructions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Please help update the WIKI Install Instructions Reply with quote
The wiki needs help. It is old, recommends outdated often problematic builds, and has conflicting, confusing, information in many sections.

Please help. When you flash a router, check the wiki for the install instructions. If they are old or incorrect, please fix them. You can post what you have done here.

Please, no discussion or complaining about the wiki in this thread. Just post what you have done. Or, if there is a section that needs work, and you are unsure of what to do, post that here too. If everyone treats this as a job jar of what is needed and what has been done, we can produce a much better wiki.

Let's keep this limited to the install information from the time being. That task is large enough.

Thanks in advance.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."

Last edited by Murrkf on Sun Oct 04, 2009 18:43; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 17:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have created installation instructions for the 150N router, using build 12548.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Linksys_WRT150N

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Luniz2k1
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT54G-TM Wiki entry is up to date.

Got OpenDNS?
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went through the thread and consolidated all my cleanups and fixes. So any of my posts that are marked consolidated can be deleted.

Linksys WRT54G v7.2 & 8.0 & v8.2 is up to date.

How to Flash Linksys WRT54GS v1.1.

Updated OpenDNS tutorial to include code for forcing specific IP/range to opendns.

Did some clean up in the Linksys section of the Wiki.

6.9 Linksys

Linksys WRT54G/GL/GS/GX

Added JTAG Recovery to Linksys WRT54GS v1.1.

Added Linksys WRTL54G2 v1.3 & WRT54GS2 v1.0

Last edited by DHC_DarkShadow on Tue Oct 06, 2009 21:30; edited 6 times in total
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Consolidated

Last edited by DHC_DarkShadow on Tue Sep 29, 2009 23:28; edited 2 times in total
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did the wiki for the Buffallo WHR-G300N, a 384mhz Ralink Router
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
I accidentally split one too many posts off and there's no way to merge!

DoesItMatter wrote:
Not sure how to update the Wiki, but there needs to be 1 correction for the WHR-G300N.

The 30-30-30 reset does not work right on that.

For a full reset, all you need to do is push the RESET button for 20+ seconds while plugged in.
All the lights will flash, then DIAG light will flash for a few.
After about 30-60 seconds, you can reach the router at 192.168.1.1 via Web GUI and reset password.
This is all that's needed for a full hardware reset.
I've done this quite a few times and tested it.

I have to wonder if it's different behaviour due to it being RaLink chipset?

Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 21:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found a hard reset worked fine on my WHR 300N, whether it was needed or not.

I have upgraded the instruction on the WRT54g v5 and 6, and the WRT54gS v.5 and 6 to make it standard to do a custom VX killer (no option for a generic vxkiller is given).

MrAlvin
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Major clean-up of Asus section.

The old text is preserved on seperate pages, as they still contain valuable and relevant information.

The Old text still needs to be digested, generalised and summarised, and the essens added to the main install page, but this is as far as I got to night.

Router specific pages has also been linked, for the routers I knew that had specific pages.

It seems that some noobs would like very,very specific guides with pictures etc. as that was starting to appear on the general install page. Should probably add to the ToDo list, to make such very, very detailed guides.

Also Todo, add name example of .trx files and micro, mini, big, mega specific to Asus routers.
Oh - sorry. This was only to be: I have done this - not: ToDo lists. Embarassed Shocked Cool Wink
Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
MrAlvin wrote:
Major clean-up of Asus section.

The old text is preserved on seperate pages, as they still contain valuable and relevant information.

The Old text still needs to be digested, generalised and summarised, and the essens added to the main install page, but this is as far as I got to night.

Router specific pages has also been linked, for the routers I knew that had specific pages.

It seems that some noobs would like very,very specific guides with pictures etc. as that was starting to appear on the general install page. Should probably add to the ToDo list, to make such very, very detailed guides.

Also Todo, add name example of .trx files and micro, mini, big, mega specific to Asus routers.
Oh - sorry. This was only to be: I have done this - not: ToDo lists. Embarassed Shocked Cool Wink

I am in the process of compiling updates for the Asus Wiki's...They are ancient!

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
socal87
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
I accidentally split one too many posts off and there's no way to merge!

Fine ~groan~ I'll stop hijacking. It's just so much fun.

USB wikis need some cleaning up, perhaps remove or archive instructions relevant to obsolete builds. The printer article is a mess. Very useful, very pertinent information, just needs to be cleaned up.

I just submitted a tutorial on changing one's Verizon FiOS access from the supplied Actiontec router to one of one's choice.

I can has cookie now?

>>>PEACOCK THREAD!<<<

I do NOT offer personal assistance.
Please do not PM me for help.

Masterman
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, phew, I did the Wiki on the Asus WL500W USB

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_WL-500W

Feedback and suggestions are highly recommended and encouraged. Cool

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Masterman wrote:
Ok, phew, I did the Wiki on the Asus WL500W USB

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_WL-500W

Feedback and suggestions are highly recommended and encouraged. Cool

WOW! that looks awesome. I wish somebody could do that for the WRT54G-TM and the sd/mmc mod. I don't have enough experience with all that extra stuff you put in there like swap and optware.

I also update the Istallation section to point to that page.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I try to do something right the first time I do it.. Cool

Thanks Very Happy

Asus RT-N10
Asus RT-N12
Asus RT-N16 x5
Asus WL520gU
Engenious ECB350
Linksys WRT600Nv1.1
Linksys WRT610Nv1
Linksys E2000
Netgear WNDR3300
SonicWall NSA220W
SonicWall TZ215W
SonicWall TZ205W
SonicWall TZ105W
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you have updated the wiki, please post that you have done so here. That will allow others to know the wiki has been changed, and will allow others to proofread your changes. Many minds working will get this done well.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: