NeoRouter - the zero-config VPN solution

jamesm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 23:05    Post subject: NeoRouter - the zero-config VPN solution Reply with quote
I've been OpenWrt users for many years and I like it so much. But I can see a lot of users who need VPN solution like me are still struggling with OpenVPN and it virtually shuts the door to the users like my girl friend to use this technology at home.

So I think it's time for me to contribute something to the forum. My team has just ported NeoRouter to the OpenWrt platform and welcome everyone interested in it to visit our website http://www.neorouter.com.

NeoRouter is a zero-config VPN and remote access solution. With NeoRouter you can create a virtual LAN over the Internet so that you can remotely access your computers and share files, photos, videos and printer with your family members or friends. It's FREE and no limitation to the connections. It's using P2P technology so that your router won't be slow down when you create a 200 nodes virtual network.

Enjoy it!
Sponsor
RyoHazuki
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 23:23    Post subject: Re: NeoRouter - the zero-config VPN solution Reply with quote
jamesm wrote:
I've been OpenWrt users for many years and I like it so much. But I can see a lot of users who need VPN solution like me are still struggling with OpenVPN and it virtually shuts the door to the users like my girl friend to use this technology at home.

So I think it's time for me to contribute something to the forum. My team has just ported NeoRouter to the OpenWrt platform and welcome everyone interested in it to visit our website http://www.neorouter.com.

NeoRouter is a zero-config VPN and remote access solution. With NeoRouter you can create a virtual LAN over the Internet so that you can remotely access your computers and share files, photos, videos and printer with your family members or friends. It's FREE and no limitation to the connections. It's using P2P technology so that your router won't be slow down when you create a 200 nodes virtual network.

Enjoy it!

any plans for osx version?
JN
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:17    Post subject: Re: NeoRouter - the zero-config VPN solution Reply with quote
jamesm wrote:

Enjoy it!
This sounds interesting. Does it require use of dyndns like the OpenVPN bridged site-to-site and routed site-to-site connections in the wiki here? Or can this work between endpoints that are behind other routers?
HockeyFan4Life
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
And what are the requirements for a DDWRT router? Also how to install on a DDWRT router?

Routers:
E2000 latest BIG
whr-g54s client vpn
wr850g lastest mini
jamesm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your interest in NeoRouter.

1. any plans for osx version?

Yes. and we have plan for iPhone and Google phone.

2. Does it require use of dyndns like the OpenVPN bridged site-to-site and routed site-to-site connections in the wiki here? Or can this work between endpoints that are behind other routers?

It does not require use of dyndns as we provide NeoRouter domain service. You can feel free to create and use NeoRouter domain name to log on to your network from anywhere.

Yes. It can work behind other routers, but you may want to expose the server's port to the Internet in this case.

3. And what are the requirements for a DDWRT router? Also how to install on a DDWRT router?

So far we temporarily hold the plan for DDWRT, the reason is we have to change the DDWRT firmware to provide necessary API for NeoRouter, but DDWRT seems not happy allow us to do this. If we can get the source code, we will publish DDWRT version. So you just have OpenWrt and Tomato versions for now.
HockeyFan4Life
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 0:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hopefully a compromise can be worked out with the two parties. Cause a zero config VPN solution would solve many problems.

Routers:
E2000 latest BIG
whr-g54s client vpn
wr850g lastest mini
kev123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoRouter has just released latest in-a-box version (0.9.4.906) for OpenWrt and Tomato
JN
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
jamesm wrote:
So far we temporarily hold the plan for DDWRT, the reason is we have to change the DDWRT firmware to provide necessary API for NeoRouter, but DDWRT seems not happy allow us to do this. If we can get the source code, we will publish DDWRT version. So you just have OpenWrt and Tomato versions for now.
Can you explain - the source of DD-WRT is available?
wunderkind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
JN wrote:
jamesm wrote:

I have the same question.

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
SVN revision 17084M NEWD Eko STD-NoKaid

Asus RT-N16
SVN revision 16994 K26 Eko Mega Enhanced with OTWR

How to get dd-wrt help
kev123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 0:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoRouter has just released v0.9.5 for OpenWrt, Tomato and FON firmware. From this build, it supports FON Fonera+ / Fonera 2 as well.

The source of DD-WRT seems not working properly, so we cannot port NeoRouter to DD-WRT.

Enjoy it.
kev123
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoRouter has just released v0.9.6 for OpenWrt, Tomato and FON firmware. From this build, it supports Windows X64. For more details, check out www.neorouter.com

Enjoy it.
jamesm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
NeoRouter has just released the latest version v0.9.8.
Highlights

* Mac OS X support
* Multiple-language support
* Skin support
* Signed drivers for Vist+ x64, Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 7 X64 support
* Added full command set to CLI on Win2k, Linux and Max OS X
and more...

For more information about NeoRouter, please check out http://www.neorouter.com
ad5mb
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:

it's been a while since this was asked, but in case anyone else wonders:

anyone can get the source code, add, subtract, recompile, et cetera. but only Eko and Brainslayer can compile it to work as a compressed file in a router. Which is a good thing; there would be hundreds of untested flaky versions out there, some with the same name and build number, if anyone and their dog could make a runtime version.

Neorouter needs to do their build and submit it to Eko or Brainslayer.

Of course, I could be wrong. it has happened before. In which case, ignore this post.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad5mb wrote:

Neorouter needs to do their build and submit it to Eko or Brainslayer.
Of course, I could be wrong. it has happened before. In which case, ignore this post.

I believe Neorouter is "free" to use... but not "opensource"... by giving away the code to Brainslayer to compile...they are giving away their rights as well?
wunderkind
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couldn't a Neo-router binary be created to run under optware?

Buffalo WHR-HP-G54
SVN revision 17084M NEWD Eko STD-NoKaid

Asus RT-N16
SVN revision 16994 K26 Eko Mega Enhanced with OTWR

How to get dd-wrt help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: