WZR-HP-G300NH support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 15:36    Post subject: WZR-HP-G300NH support Reply with quote
I was lucky enough to get a wrt600n which i promptly flashed. Been pretty happy but wished it provided better coverage as my WHR-HP-G54 did. What is the word on the development of dd-wrt regarding the wzr-hp-g300nh?
Sponsor
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
wiki - supported devices

wzr-g300nh - see trendnet
trendnet - see this wiki entry
http://wiki.x-wrt.org/index.php/Trendnet_TEW-632BRP

1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
FON Client Bridge tutorial
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
From that info, I gather that it definitely can (with some work) work but it is not supported (likely due to how new it is). Since this is an atheros based device, will it require a license/activation?

BTW, this is the first time i used the new beta supported devices page. Perhaps there should be a link on the result to go to the wiki entry.

BTW, just ordered mine so I'll prob plug away at it once it arrives.
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
the "beta" supported devices page is not always accurate...
1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The beta page? Is there a beta for this or should there be?
freonchill
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is beta - http://www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/dd-wrt/hardware.html

this is mostly right - http://dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

1x WRT54G2 v1
2x BUFFALO WHR-G54S
2x BUFFALO WHR-G300N v2
1x BUFFLOW WHR-HP-G300N
1x La Fonera
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I see what you were saying, sry i misunderstood. I assume wip means work in progress.

Any idea about the activation? Since it is Atheros, will it require activation?

I just noticed Buffalo sent it out via 2nd day fedex so I should have mine to play around with tomorrow.

I noticed on Buffalo's website, one of the features is "avoid 2.4ghz interference". Since this isn't a dual band device like my wrt600n, I wonder what that means.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
stevezemlicka wrote:
Any idea about the activation? Since it is Atheros, will it require activation?

Best to check with the Atheros forum as well. Some of us don't know diddly about atheros devices. Wink Wink

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
stevezemlicka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 16:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's a good point. Considering I now realize that this is an Atheros based device, is there any way to move this discussion to the Atheros thread? Sorry for not researching thoroughly and posting it in there from the beginning.
bighedstev
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
anyone have any luck putting dd-wrt on a WZR-HP-G300NH? I have the router and it's stock firmware is horrible. I wish dd-wrt would work on it...
jessenj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Same here - the firmware sucks
tweiyang11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm.. may i ask what is the probability that the buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH is going to be supported by DD-WRT?? Cuz i'm going to buy a new router in a week time and can't decide to get WRT310N or this router. The buffalo seems to be a better option with better CPU, USB and cheaper price..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'd definitely avoid the Buffalo as I own one and their lack of support has been really disappointing not to mention their admin interface is garbage.
tweiyang11
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the advice.. but i've own a WHR-G125 and its still running till today.. (with dd-wrt of course) hmm... IMO buffalo is alright for me.. that's why its on my "next router" list..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't think I made it clear. I have been a DD-WRT and custom firmware router user for more than 7 years. I have also been an advanced home user due to my profession in Information Technology (I'm a network administrator) and while I agree that Buffalo typically makes a solid product, they really fell short with the 300NH. I own several Buffalo and Linksys routers with DD-WRT and was really hoping that the 300NH would also be capable of using DD-WRT, but I can tell you that the factory firmware is terrible. I have frequent disconnects, frequent DHCP, DNS and speed issues. The NAS feature is terrible and problematic. It seldom works. I can never connect at full N speeds, even when I'm less than 3 meters from the unit.

Let me give you an example of what you can expect from the 300NH. I have wireless MAC filtering turned on for security. If I want to add another MAC address to this table, the second I apply the change, the router goes into a soft-reset which takes anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes. During this time, all network activity is unavailable. And this is for something as simple as adding an address to the static table. That's ridiculous.

Another example is that the router does no DNS caching. Every single DNS request has to be submitted to your ISP's DNS server. Even if two computers have to hit Google at the same time, they both go all the way out to the ISP DNS. That's also ridiculous.

Just my two cents, but Buffalo came out with this router prematurely and they haven't cared to fix major issues reported to their own forums. They haven't released an updated firmware in the past year since the initial manufacturing date. Just very sad for Buffalo and their reputation. They definitely made me reconsider buying from them again.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 65
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: