Custom Eko12774 micro plus with USB, print, AutoAP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
vermontlasmarias wrote:
autobot wrote:
vermontlasmarias wrote:
autobot wrote:
Thanks modervador, this is for all who have wanted these features but didn't have the room. Tested on a usr5461, works good but I don't have a printer to test. Flash and post your issues or thoughts.

Hi autobot,

I gave this a try but it doesn't seem to work for me at all. I can only access the router admin webpage if its not connected to WAN and I'm connecting via wireless. Using other USR5461 builds work fine, but this one in particular does not work for me.
anyone else experience this?

Just a bit more detail:
I gave this a try twice. The first time, was the very first time I flashed my USR5461. I flashed from the original firmware to the one posted above using the web interface (I compiled tsr2usr for windows and ran it on the provided bin file first). It wasn't stable (being connected to WAN, and having LAN connections caused dd-wrt web gui to not be usable) so I flashed it (using dd-wrt web interface with no devices connected other than a single wireless client) to a different version (generic) that did work. I tried to flash again to the above bin, but the dd-wrt web interface complained about the file being invalid. So I flashed it using the alternative method (ping, unplug, uplad via tftp). The web interface again was unusable when WAN and LAN connections were connected, so I just reflashed it back to generic.

Where you using autoap when this happened? And which generic version gives you no problems as I have the same router and I always like the VINT builds from Eko but made this NEWD for those who have Asus units.

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
Sponsor
vermontlasmarias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
Searching for autoap on dd-wrt, it seems like it has to be manually enabled (maybe I'm wrong). So if that's the case, autoap was disabled. If I have to disable it by running a script, then I missed that step.

The generic build that works for me is this one:
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/09-08-09-r12874/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin

autobot wrote:
vermontlasmarias wrote:
autobot wrote:
vermontlasmarias wrote:
autobot wrote:
Thanks modervador, this is for all who have wanted these features but didn't have the room. Tested on a usr5461, works good but I don't have a printer to test. Flash and post your issues or thoughts.

Hi autobot,

I gave this a try but it doesn't seem to work for me at all. I can only access the router admin webpage if its not connected to WAN and I'm connecting via wireless. Using other USR5461 builds work fine, but this one in particular does not work for me.
anyone else experience this?

Just a bit more detail:
I gave this a try twice. The first time, was the very first time I flashed my USR5461. I flashed from the original firmware to the one posted above using the web interface (I compiled tsr2usr for windows and ran it on the provided bin file first). It wasn't stable (being connected to WAN, and having LAN connections caused dd-wrt web gui to not be usable) so I flashed it (using dd-wrt web interface with no devices connected other than a single wireless client) to a different version (generic) that did work. I tried to flash again to the above bin, but the dd-wrt web interface complained about the file being invalid. So I flashed it using the alternative method (ping, unplug, uplad via tftp). The web interface again was unusable when WAN and LAN connections were connected, so I just reflashed it back to generic.

Where you using autoap when this happened? And which generic version gives you no problems as I have the same router and I always like the VINT builds from Eko but made this NEWD for those who have Asus units.
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
What did you need in my build, printing or usb storage? BrainSlayer's builds are too large to be modified much if at all.

BrainSlayer Builds

vermontlasmarias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 18:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
What did you need in my build, printing or usb storage? BrainSlayer's builds are too large to be modified much if at all.

Either printing, usb, or both, or whatever works Smile. I saw from the thread that you wanted people to test it, so I wanted to answer that call to arms Wink
sogoku_vn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
@modervador: your firmware is not stable, very slow and i can't see USB support in services ,
@autobot:i need usb print server and AP, repeater mode or client mode maybe usb storage .That's all.you can remove VLANs,Security,access restrictions,NAT&QoS to have room.thanks so much.now i'm using micro bulid 12533,it's very good.thanks again Very Happy
vermontlasmarias
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
did you clear the nvram to get this working? i tried to install it out of the box, but maybe i missed a step?

sogoku_vn wrote:
@modervador: your firmware is not stable, very slow and i can't see USB support in services ,
@autobot:i need usb print server and AP, repeater mode or client mode maybe usb storage .That's all.you can remove VLANs,Security,access restrictions,NAT&QoS to have room.thanks so much.now i'm using micro bulid 12533,it's very good.thanks again Very Happy
sogoku_vn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes,i did it but no happen Crying or Very sad .no USB support in Services.should i install to JFFS using ipkg and then loaded (using insmod) from a startup script to enable USB support? Question
modervador
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
sogoku_vn wrote:
@modervador: your firmware is not stable,

You must have me confused with somebody else. My firmware is quite stable, with uptimes measured in years. It is very unlikely that you have used it, as it serves a very small market segment of about 10 systems. I haven't had to make a new build in about 7 years, which was when the newest system was put into service. It definitely hasn't been compiled to run on Broadcom routers.
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
In this firmware usb is enabled by default(no webif), plugin a usb hard drive and issue the command mount -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/disks/disk0/part1 /mnt and you would change the part1 to which ever partition your ext2 is. Printing is also ready to go(no webif), plug in a usb printer and read the manual on using p910nd by googling for it. Autoap is used by issuing the command autoap. I'm busy, but will try to make a better build when I get time. Perhaps using some of fraters auto mounting scripts and such.

BrainSlayer Builds

sogoku_vn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
In this firmware usb is enabled by default(no webif), plugin a usb hard drive and issue the command mount -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/disks/disk0/part1 /mnt and you would change the part1 to which ever partition your ext2 is. Printing is also ready to go(no webif), plug in a usb printer and read the manual on using p910nd by googling for it. Autoap is used by issuing the command autoap. I'm busy, but will try to make a better build when I get time. Perhaps using some of fraters auto mounting scripts and such.

i wiil try.thank very much
voltaire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:58    Post subject: Notice to other potential noobs Reply with quote
Hi, total noob here but figured I'd contribute the only way I can at this point.

The firmware posted in this thread is a micro-plus version - it says it in the title and the following comment, but not in the filename itself.

So if you have a 2mb flash router, you CAN'T use this firmware without first compressing your CFE. There's good info on if/how you can do that here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=38844

Maybe if anyone is willing and able, the filename could be changed to add the "plus" in there to prevent confusion.

PS: If anyone can answer this quick easy question, I'd appreciate it...
I'm getting ready to do the CFE compression on my 2mb WRT54Gv8 so I can use micro-plus. All I want is the expanded command set, SSH, and AutoAP. If I install one of the *NEWD_micro-plus_ssh builds, will there be room to install the AutoAP script with or without the AutoAP GUI? I am aware the CGI isn't working after 12533 - I haven't decided which way to go with that yet.

EDIT:
Why does the firmware within the zip in the OP have a .trx extension? Can this simply be changed to .bin before flashing, or is this something special?

TIA
autobot
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's a great idea, FYI there is no ssh in my firmware as it had to be removed to make room for the other things, telnet is still in there though. Yes there is room for autoap, yes you can rename the .trx to .bin.

BrainSlayer Builds

vacora22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:37    Post subject: nvram autoap_XXXX don't work... Reply with quote
Hi all,

i installed this firm on my asus wl520gc,
i executed the autoap in commands:

/usr/sbin/autoap &

all OK,

i try to execute
nvram autoap_prefssid="mynet*key*1234567890123"
nvram autoap_rescannow=1

but nothing happend

mynet is ignored ...

what i make wrong??

i put in command

nvram show

no autoap_xxxxx i found...

Thanks...
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:09    Post subject: Re: nvram autoap_XXXX don't work... Reply with quote
vacora22 wrote:

i try to execute
nvram autoap_prefssid="mynet*key*1234567890123"
nvram autoap_rescannow=1

but nothing happend

mynet is ignored ...

what i make wrong??

nvram set xxxx=yyyy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

THANKS A LOT LOM !!!

Very Happy Very Happy

Ok but when i put

nvram set autoap_prefssid="mynet*key*12345 mynewnet*key*54321 wlan_XX*key*1234567890ASD"
nvram set autoap_rescannow=1

in 192.168.1.1/user/autoap.htm

show me

Reading NVRAM variables...
20:03:47 Received new value for prefssid: "mynet*key*12345"

where is my othes prefssid ???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: