Build 13064 - Site Survey Fixed. Report your results

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
typoknig
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I cannot get the regular site survey to work in build 13064, but the Wi-Viz survey seems to work good... I don't know why the regular site survey does not work and that is of a concern because I want to "join" another network.
Sponsor
bbb_forever
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
LoneRebel wrote:
Site survey doesn't work for my G300N running firmware from 10/10/09 when put into "repeater bridge" mode. AP and client modes can use site survey just fine.

I get the same result with my Airlink AR670W router and build 13069 (10-12-2009).
Site Survey doesn't work in "Repeater" or "Repeater Bridge" modes.
Site Survey does work in "AP" or "Client" modes.
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had thought the throughput issues on this build were Ralink specific, but I have since tested them on my broadcom routers, and find they have the same problem... bad choppy video and throughput limited to about 45MBs.

Older builds (12874) work better with broadcom but have other issues with Ralink. Hopefully the next released build will fix the throughput problems at least.

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
typoknig wrote:
I cannot get the regular site survey to work in build 13064, but the Wi-Viz survey seems to work good... I don't know why the regular site survey does not work and that is of a concern because I want to "join" another network.

You just have to type the ssid in the wireless basic setup page properly....

LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: