SES button broke the radio !! (buffalo whr-hp-g54)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jgombos
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 20:55    Post subject: SES button broke the radio !! (buffalo whr-hp-g54) Reply with quote
After adding a ses button script to make the ses button trigger a WoL signal, rebooting, then pressing the button, the radio stopped working.

The radio ("G") LED is still lit, and "radio is on" is printed in the wireless status. It's quite odd. No wifi devices see the router anymore. When scanning for other networks from dd-wrt, the active scan shows everything except itself. And quite strangely, the passive scan shows itself, and just a couple other devices. But nothing sees the router anymore. The settings basically look the same as they did before.

I don't think this is relevant, but this is the ses button script:

Code:

SCRIPT_FILE=/tmp/etc/config/wake_on_lan.sesbutton && mkdir -p $(dirname $SCRIPT_FILE) ;\
echo '#!/bin/sh ,,/usr/sbin/wol -i 10.15.66.31 00:1C:25:BC:F7:7A ,' \
  | tr ',' '\n' > $SCRIPT_FILE && chmod +x $SCRIPT_FILE

The script worked as expected.

I did not initially enable the "SES / AOSS / EZ-SETUP Button" service that toggles the radio. When trying to troubleshoot why the radio died, I enabled that feature, and confirmed that the radio status goes off and on when I press the ses button. But when it's on, it still doesn't work. Another symptom is that it's attempting to transmit every second or so in AP mode, and every attempt fails (evident from the wireless statistics).

[EDIT] *fixed*

I was able to recover with a factory reset. That was a pain, but I'm glad nothing was damaged.

Conclusion:

It appears that the SES/AOSS button on the whr-hp-g54 has some obscure side effect on a crucial but unnoticeable radio setting.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: