WRT160N and VLANs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
copacetic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:58    Post subject: WRT160N and VLANs Reply with quote
Hi,

I've got a WRT160N with the latest DD-WRT v24 Pre-SP2 Build 13064 Standard.

I have Network with a Linksys Switch and a Netscreen Firewall used as the internet gateway. I have 2 VLANs on the Linksys Switch: VLAN1 is my Work VLAN, and VLAN2 is my Home/Private VLAN.

I want to connect the WRT160N to the Linksys Switch in a way so I can use it as an access point only (no WAN). I want to assign one SSID to VLAN1 and one SSID to VLAN2 on the Linksys switch. The connection between the WRT160N and Linksys switch could either be a trunk or 2x access link (in that case one link could actually belong to e.g. VLAN3 on the WRT160N if VLAN2 isn't useable). The Management IP should be in VLAN1...VLAN2 does not need an IP on the WRT160N.

Can this be done securely with the WRT160N? Are there restrictions? I found tutorials on dd-wrt.com, but these mainly concern the WRT54 series. e.g. on the WRT160N I do not have a VLAN Tab at all, so I am a bit lost. Which CLI tutorial do I use? I also read the WRT610N isnt VLAN capable...hope this isnt the same for the WRT160N?!

Has anybody done this with the WRT160N? The various layout diagrams are very helpful, but do these also do not concern the WRT160N.

Would be grateful for more info on this subject!

copacetic
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
If a router doesn't support vlans, there will be no vlan tab.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
copacetic
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for the info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: