WPA(2) encryption problems (alternative Solution found?!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
cmaxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 22:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm do you also have different subnets (watch my screenshots)?
Because in standard mode, that means everything as default (1 subnet) i CAN use WPA encryption.
(and doesnt matter which DD-WRT firmware)

With my actual setting, I COULD use WPA too for 3 month.

But then immidiately after trying some different settings, I can't use it now anymore :(

Well but maybe you are right and our problem is linked in some way.
Which version do u exactly use, I have (as I wrote) DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) std
(SVN revision 12548M VINT Eko)
Sponsor
Z0r0b
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have one PC running vista that couldn't connect using WPA2 (AES or TKIP). Router is set to WPA2 personal mixed AES (previously was TKIP+AES). An XP machine in the same room as the Vista one had no problems connecting. In the end I just switched the Vista PC to WPA and it connected fine. Not sure if this was an issue with vista, or the WiFi card on the Vista Machine or something else.
cmaxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I have one Vista and XP Client, and Both can't connect to my Router using WPA(2) Encryption. Doenst matter if I use AES or TKIP :(

I still don't understand why that works with default 1 bridge and no different VLANS. Because normally WLAN encryption doesnt have sth in common with VLAN/Bridging!?
cmaxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Update: My problem still exists. I tried many times to switch on WPA but it doesnt work.
Any new ideas (esp maybe from you, Redhawk?)
I'm using WEP right now and don't feel well thereby.
cmaxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the many posts in a row, but last night I had an idea how to solve my problem.
Maybe you can confirmate this and bolster me up starting doing this.

Well lets explain... I though I set the W700V as a independent router with own DHCP server but switched off WLAN. On its port 1 i plug the IPTV Reciever in.
In LAN Port 2 I put the WRT54GS Router (then on his side in LAN Port 1 or "to LAN switched WAN").
The WRT54GS act as a DHCP Forwarder in Both WLAN and own LAN Ports.
Additionally on Firewall/Filters the "Filter Multicast" is switched on.

This way I only need 1 big subnet with all Clients, and I think there will be no problem with multicast, because the WRT filters it.

what do you think?
jmichae3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:05    Post subject: can only connect with WEP on one laptop Reply with quote
I had to knock the AP down to WEP because the compaq laptop's Intel WM3B2200BG Intel 2200 b/g wireless mini-pci card won't connect using anything else than WEP. Maybe it's the model of replacement board I bought. I don't know. I thought they were generic replacements. Apparently not?

Or is the encryption handled really by the OS and not by the hardware (somehow I don't think that's true)?

With the old wireless board (this was before I flashed dd-wrt) I used to be able to connect with WPA2 with that laptop.

with the problems you are having, I am beginning to suspect dd-wrt.

the new card would see the WPA2 dd-wrt network with full signal, but I couldn't connect, and my password was copy and paste. strange. something funny going on here.

The other laptop connects fine on WPA2. Confused
jmichae3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 23:13    Post subject: 2200BG problems connecting to dd-wrt works with all else Reply with quote
I had to knock the AP down to WEP because the compaq laptop's Intel WM3B2200BG Intel 2200 b/g wireless mini-pci card won't connect using anything else than WEP. Maybe it's the model of replacement board I bought. I don't know. I thought they were generic replacements. Apparently not?

Or is the encryption handled really by the OS and not by the hardware (somehow I don't think that's true)?

With the old wireless board (this was before I flashed dd-wrt) I used to be able to connect with WPA2 with that laptop to either the old Linksys firmware or the Belkin router using WPA2 or whatever protocol I wished.

with the problems we are both having, I am beginning to suspect dd-wrt firmware.
I have:
----------------------------
Linksys WRT54GSv4 router
Chipset BCM5352 (Broadcom)
RAM 16 MB
FLASH 4 MB
dd-wrt Standard Generic dd-wrt.v24_std_generic.bin 2009-10-10 3,54MB
v24preSP2[Beta]Build13064
----------------------------

the new card would see the WPA2 dd-wrt SSID with full signal, but I couldn't connect, and my password was copy and paste. strange. something funny going on here. WPA didn't work either. was using Personal. tried Enterprise as well.

If I remember right, the other Toshiba laptop connects fine on WPA2. strange.
jmichae3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 23:48    Post subject: intel wm3b2200bg (2200bg) Reply with quote
the 2200BG is supposed to work with WPA, and with TKIP encription.

Security§
AUTHENTICATION LEAP§, WPA§, 802.1X, EAP-TLS,
ENCRYPTION CKIP, TKIP, 128-bit and 64-bit WEP

Products Available Product Code
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200 BG Network Connection (MOW, Ch 1-11) WM3B2200BG MW2
Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection (ROW Ch 1-14) WM3B2200BG RW3

typically you will find your unit is an MoW (Ch1-11).

further details are on the intel site under the wireless products section.
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro2200bg/
jmichae3
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:22    Post subject: 2200BG solution Reply with quote
the solution for the wireless 2200bg is to install the latest Intel ProSet Wireless drivers from off the intel web site.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+WiFi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+PRO%2fWireless+2200BG+Network+Connection

this allowed me to connect with either AES or TKIP using WPA2. as TKIP (over WPA?) is cracked, I chose AES.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: