D-Link DIR-615 D2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 66, 67, 68  Next
mrnorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
liverpoolatnight wrote:
Sash wrote:
try to flash the EAP-9550 build

Dont get you? EAP-9550

what that under?

I did a bit of guessword with Sash's vauge contribution. It's a router model created by a company called EnGenius.. I'm guessing the hardware is similar or something.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Senao_.2F_EnGenius

Either way.. I couldn't EAP-9550 v.24 sp2 - build 13055 on the website and I wouldn't know what to do with it if I did. So, Sash, I ask again, what can I do to get this working?

I'll be honest here.. I'm getting a little impatient with this. Can anybody be bothered to get this working? I'd love to have another DD-WRT router around the house, but if nobody can be arsed, then I'll just throw it away.

Norm
Sponsor
liverpoolatnight
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrnorm wrote:
liverpoolatnight wrote:
Sash wrote:
try to flash the EAP-9550 build

Dont get you? EAP-9550

what that under?

I did a bit of guessword with Sash's vauge contribution. It's a router model created by a company called EnGenius.. I'm guessing the hardware is similar or something.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Senao_.2F_EnGenius

Either way.. I couldn't EAP-9550 v.24 sp2 - build 13055 on the website and I wouldn't know what to do with it if I did. So, Sash, I ask again, what can I do to get this working?

I'll be honest here.. I'm getting a little impatient with this. Can anybody be bothered to get this working? I'd love to have another DD-WRT router around the house, but if nobody can be arsed, then I'll just throw it away.

Norm

ahhhhhhh

EE BrightBox 1 aka A4001N (OpenWrt 17.01.4)
Sagemcom FAST@5364 (VDSL2,FTTC (Fibre to the Cabinet) Synced 65/17

Twitter: @francisuk1989
---------------------------------
Found a bug? Report it http://svn.dd-wrt.com
DD-WRT Official FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/493762527744455
j911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 18:38    Post subject: It works!!! Reply with quote
Having looked at the dd-wrt device table i noticed the dir-615 is the same as a dir-600.

Follow the instructions here for flashing

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-600

as it says you'll need the web factory version. I followed first set of instructions. You'll need toe to hex edit the router id string using xvi32 or anyother editor and change it from 600 to 615 and replace the b at the end with 00 in the code. Already done in the attachment below.

Had a problem port forwarding as the ranges weren't working say i wanted 15000 to 15001 forwarded i had to do individual forwards for each, rest is working fine after 20 mins of testing ...
nicweb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Works on HW Rev. D1
mrnorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:52    Post subject: Re: It works!!! Reply with quote
Hey j911,

Thanks for the input and thank you so much for doing that attachment. I will have a go tonight and let you know what the result is!

Cheers,
Norm
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
here the official one with updated model string

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 0:24    Post subject: hw Rev D1? Reply with quote
nicweb: What do you mean with "Works on HW Rev. D1"?
What did you flash? Did you modify some image?

Eric

edit: I just tried to flash your attachment on my D1 and it works! (I think that's what you meant, nicweb)

edit2: In dd-wrt, it gets reported as rev.B, but I think that's hardcoded, not read out from hw, right?
singlecell
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Will the 615 work as a wireless bridge, or just a wireless repeater like the 600?
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I have a DIR-615 which I want to stick DD-WRT on. I have a few so not afraid of bricking them Wink
I've download the factory and the dd-wrt web flashes from the attachments above but when I go through the web page and upload the image (I've tried both) the router comes back with "The chosen file is not a valid firmware image file."

I've looked at the instructions-I take it I dont need to do the hex conversion as that is already covered in these attachments? On the bottom of the router is says "HW/ver D2" Firmware " 1.00VG".

I got it as a freebie from Virgin Media.Any help would be apprieciated.

ta

**update**-should have tried this but used the Emergency Room Web Interface and it worked first time. Looks great and now away to have a play. I will update on how stable it is and how things go

cheers guys
mrnorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey cabsandy,

How did you get yours into Emergency Room?

I pushed my reset in for 3-5 secs, tried 192.168.0.1 on the web interface and I just get nothing till the router boots with the login screen.

EDIT: Actually, scrap that question. I used j911's attachment and got it working without having to use Emergency Room.

Everything appears to be working okay! The power light goes off after a little while .. Not sure why that is.. Everything is great though! Quicker than my WRT54G!

Cheers,
Norm
j911
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks brainslayer for the official mods

Mine has been running fine since posting of this thread, well impressed as i can hit 60Mbit+ now on my 50Mbit connection Very Happy

My trusty old wrt54gs v1.1 would max out at 30Mbit (it will be sorely missed)
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
I managed to flash 3 of these routers as I want to try out WDS/Mesh. First impressions are they work ok as an AP but I spent hours last night trying to get 2 of them to talk to each other via WDS-no joy. There was some weird bridging going on ( connecting wireless to Router A I was getting the DHCP IP address from Router B!)But when I went to look at status/Wireless page there was nothing showing up on the page to say it was connected.I tried LAN and Lazy WDS but nothing concrete.
However, when I then used a WRT54G flashed with DD-WRT, it was picking up the WDS signal from one of the D-Link-but nothing again on the D-Link page ;-(
The other thing I noticed was that when WDS was enabled, it became very diffcult to get an IP address wireless=on ethernet, it was fine

So in summary, it looks good on the face of it but as for using them in a mesh/WDS enviroment,not very hopeful.Any tips/tricks please send them my way! Wink
mrnorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
One thing I did notice (and this might be me) is the wireless client/wireless repeater bridged modes aren't working correctly for me. Anybody else know of this?
cabsandy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrnorm wrote:
One thing I did notice (and this might be me) is the wireless client/wireless repeater bridged modes aren't working correctly for me. Anybody else know of this?

Ill check this out-I think this didn't work for me either last night.I didn't get to bed till 0130 so I was a bit frazzled! Shocked
mrnorm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm yeah .. I think this particular hardware setup has a little bit of a problem with client-based modes. I think I stumbled across something in the wiki about it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 66, 67, 68  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 68
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: